Prophecy of the Stars, Trial by Combat

Within an underground testing facility of the Hero Public Safety Commission HQ, we see the Madam President walking with two bodyguards to a glass dome that keeps something inside. Whatever they captured has been locked for quite some time.

Madam President: "Has it started talking?"

Guard: "No Madam President, it's remained seated and unanswering. All we are getting from it is glares and demands to be let out."

The Madam President looks into the glass to see what they have in captivity.

It was a strange hybrid of a puppet and an animatronic

It was a strange hybrid of a puppet and an animatronic. Its left eye glows with a red dot while its mouth hangs open with small sharp teeth.

Madam President: "Wake up. We know you're not sleeping."

The animatronic puppet glances at the glass. 

Madam President: "Will you start talking? Or do you require encouragement?"

???: "I...must...be let...out...you have no idea...what you're dealing with...please..."

Madam President: "We've had multiple reports of people falling into an unresponsive state with no hope of waking up. And multiple eyewitness accounts of seeing strange robots wandering the streets. I want you to tell me what you are and your goal."

???: "Please...I must get out of here...and stop him...from coming back...the villains...are planning something...big...it involves him..."

Madam President sighs as she presses a control panel on the wall, sending a controlled shock inside the room and electrocuting the machine inside.

Madam President: "Whatever the threat is, the heroes will put a stop to it. We don't need more problems like you on our hands. You will tell us if there are more of you out there."

???: "Please...you must-"

The animatronic gets controlled shocked again, making it scream out in pain.

Madam President: "We're wasting time. Let's go."

She and the guards leave the animatronic to be as it sighs. The lights in the dome go out as the animatronic hears crows cawing in the room with it. It then shifts its red eye to the side of the room, seeing a little girl standing there with a blank smile.

 It then shifts its red eye to the side of the room, seeing a little girl standing there with a blank smile