~10~

Khaothung POV

I was waiting at ohm's place for khaothung and the others to arrive as it was ohm's birthday.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Ohm asked standing besides me.

"Ah- No. I was-" before my sentence was completed I saw someone unexpected.

"Nanon?" I said looking at ohm. Who gulped hard at my look.
That wasn't even a problem. The main thing was I was not jealous.
Back when ohm and nanon were not even dating. I used to burn when they were together but right now I was sure i didn't felt a thing.

"I forgot to tell u. Ah- we both are back to being friends"
Didn't he said he hated nanon and didn't wanted anyone like him again?

Before i could say anything nanon approached us.

"Hey First" he smiled and looked at ohm with those heart eyes.
I turned my graze towards ohm.
He looked at nanon like....like he would do anything to have that man in his life again.

That's when i realised. I was....I was never meant for ohm. He still was in love with nanon. I was the third wheel in their story.

"Ahem" i fake coughed causing both of them to get out of eachothers eyes they were lost in.

"Ohm, why don't u go and have fun with nanon. I'll wait for my friends here." I said causing his face to change into a sad one or more like a pity face.
He knew what he did. He knew I knew what he was doing.

I smiled at him gesturing I was okay and he should go around with nanon.
And to be honest I was...I was okay. What I was feeling was definitely not jealousy but some sort of happiness that they two were soon going to get together.

"Why are u standing here like a statue?" A Sudden voice flinched me.

"Mark you scared me"
"Wait isn't that nanon? What is he doing here?" Mark asked looking at nanon and ohm smiling and giggling at eachother.
They were indeed in love.

I smiled a little looking how their smile was now back as they were talking to eachother.
Turning my graze i looked at both of them.
Both?

"Where is thung?" I asked. They both looked at eachother and then gulped

"What?" I repeated.

"He was not able to come" neo said with a strange expression.

"Why? I'm gonna call him-"
"No wait" mark cut me off.

"He was about to come. But then his health wasn't good. so we suggested that he should stay at home" mark said.

"Health wasn't good? Is anyone at home with him?" I remember how he was alone most of the time because of his parents work. And to be honest he can never take care of him.

"I never asked him that" I hit neo's head as soon as he said that.

"Can't u take care of your friend?" I sounded angry because obviously I was.

"Istg if you weren't khaothung's friend I would have hit you back! And do u think I didn't asked him ofc the brave independent man can take care of himself i mean that what he said"

Khaothung always failed to ask for help. Always.

"Oh-ohkay"

...
Not even an hour and this party seems boring. Mark and neo are busy with their thing. And ohm...he was here by my side like I wanted but he doesn't.

He just stayed here with me because he feels bad that now nanon is back he knows he has no place for me in his heart. He always saw me as a friend.
I think I was wrong all along. Ohm was never my endgame. I mean-if he was then he would have never moved on to nanon back then when he liked me.
If we were endgame then right now we would have been in eachothers arms not thinking about someone else.

Ohm was definitely here laughing with me but he was mentally with nanon. The glances he was passing to nanon was not unseen by me.
And me?
I was thinking about my brave independent friend who was sick. That guy could never take care of himself and all i could think was I have to leave this party to take care of him.
For the first time i realised
Ohm wasn't the hero of my story.
And for the first time i wasn't sad about it.

"Where are u lost?" I looked at ohm after coming back to sence.

"Khaothung, he is sick and i need to go to take care of him." Ohm's face changed it wasn't a sad face but...but kinda smiley.

"Your with your crush and you want to go to your bestfriend?" He asked smiling.

What was i supposed to answer I was confused myself.
All my life what i wanted was here and now that I'm having it i didn't wanted it.

"Okay I'll drop you there maybe?" Ohm asked again.

"No it's fine I'll leave on my own"
I said before rushing out of the house.

Coming downstairs I let out a heavy breath.

"Are u going somewhere?" A voice made me turn.

"Nanon. Ohh yea I need to go to khaothung's place."

"Are u leaving ohm's party for khaothung?" He looked surprised.

"Yea. I'm" I was confident. I wanted to scream on nanon's face that...that ohm was all his. i didn't need him anymore and I didn't wanted him in my life

Tbc

Author's note.

This story is idk what.
hope you'll like it
If any mistakes sorry
Thanks for reading 🤍
Vote and comment it makes my day
And follow if u want khaofirst/firstkhao stuff 😋