Chapter 53 - Zodiac

Start from the beginning

"Disclosure. Lies, Kaguya undoubtedly whispered, 'I hope to ascend the stairs of adolescence this year,' just now."

"Could you stop saying that in a serious-like tone?! I obviously vocalized my desire to impart on a date with Lucas――"

Without finishing, Kaguya responded with a slight tremor on her shoulders.
Lucas scratched his now blushing cheek, having heard his name being mentioned, and stirred away from their line of sight.

"No... I'll consider that."

"...!"

Seeing Kaguya's face redden, Yuzuru smirked.

"Smile. That'd be great."

"Ahhh... really..." The now teary-eyed Kaguya began to playfully pound Yuzuru's back.

"Withdrawal. It hurts...Kaguya."

"Hey now, don't trouble someone else." Lucas forced a grin and stopped the pair.

Their current location was a shrine in the vicinity of the Itsuka household. Although it was still the 4th of January, the liveliness and excitement over the last three days had somewhat died down.

Nonetheless, several people could still be seen here and there visiting the shrine. Kaguya also noticed her face regaining its color after regulating her breathing.

"...Ok. I think my composure has returned. I need not remind to you that I possess dark magical recoverability."

"Sure you do. Well then, let's get going."

As everyone started to leave the shrine, Lucas noticed that there was still one more girl standing in prayer with palms held together before the shrine.

A girl dressed in a pure white kimono adorned with paper crane motifs - Origami was still piously praying and muttering incantations.

"Origami?"

"Time is truly everlasting. What did you pray for?" Kaguya curiously approached Origami and leaned closer to her ear.

"......!"

The nearing Kaguya caught wind of Origami's words and her previously flushed face instantly turned even more flushed with a surge of blood rushing to her cheeks, retreating afterwards at full speed.

"Kaguya...?"

"What did Origami say..?" Lucas walked over to Origami with a perplexed expression.

"Wait! You mustn't know..!" Kaguya panicky rushed over and pressed him away from Origami. "Ah, but...maybe I should've too...." Kaguya looked down at herself and rubbed her belly.

"J-just what in the world did you wish for, Origami?!"

Seeing Kaguya, Lucas took a deep breath and wiped his perspiration. At that time, Origami advanced towards them.

"Are you done, Origami?"

"..."

As if in response to Lucas's question, Origami remained silent and rubbed her belly before giving Lucas a thumbs up.

"Preparations complete."

"For what?!" As Lucas lamented with a hand on his forehead, he exhaled.

"Anyway, there are people queuing. Let's go."

The Spirits all agreed and Lucas apologized to the other worshippers waiting behind them for the ruckus they created. They turned back and left the saisen-box.

After reaching a sparser area they observed their surroundings.

"I wonder where did Shidou and the others go...?"

Date A Mysterious BeingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara