45 FILTHY INFATUATION

I’ll do a double update but I see many of you skip the first update and jump to the second one, some by mistake. So I’ll update the next chapter in a few minutes <33

+++

Past

45| “Leering eyes.”

The talons of anxiety impaled Nina’s spine as she straightened herself, feeling it digging, tearing through her flesh, and settling deeper. Nina’s hands were clammy, it would be so good if she could shift them and wipe the thick layer of sweat gathering around her palms over her dress. But that would come off awkward right? And Nina didn’t want to look awkward in front of a prim man like Hyeon, not even slightly stiff … though she was very uncomfortable.

All these years, Nina had collected the inkling of what kind of man Kim Hyeon was. Strict and disciplined, wanting everything on his own accord. Ambitious, but not in a good way. It was the way that tells you he expected things to be given to him, that he deserved the fame and conquest because he was who he was and that should be a good enough reason for everyone to fall at his feet — Hyeon was leading the biggest fashion company of the country and whatever Nina had find out about his personality was through the articles and she could feel they weren’t thoroughly wrong.

Her throat was dry and her lips were arid as her eyes focused on her slippers, especially at the cute red bow over the black furr to ease whatever stress she was feeling. Nina didn’t know if standing in the middle of his gigantic office was the reason she was nervous or the way Hyeon was gaping at her with an open jewelry box on his wooden desk.

"I do appreciate your kindness but I— I can't take this. It’s too much." Her polite tone grated the silence prowling in the space. Nina glanced at the diamond necklace and then at the man.

It didn't feel right. Mr Kim was always there to help her and Lea, more of his generosity would exacerbate the burden on her shoulders, and taking things from him would look like she was taking advantage of his kindness.

She stilled when an emotion crossed his feature, something akin to amusement and nuisance as it instantly made her bite her inner cheek. Getting worried that she was probably acting like an ungrateful brat, nonetheless, it was deemed positively inappropriate to accept such an expensive gift for no reason, especially from him.

“You have grown into a…” A brittle frown etched between Nina’s brows as she watched Hyeon leaning back on his desk, arms crossed across his chest. A raw power that she could feel weighing her down. “... such a mature lady. It was the right choice, wasn’t it? I knew you wouldn’t disappoint me.” The frown worsened when it became hard for her to figure out the hidden meaning burning in his undertone, the mumbling words— the weird stare that she couldn’t dodge.

“Have you ever thought about dyeing your hair, Nina?” Nina snapped her head at him almost instantly.

For a beat, Nina saw a flicker of the resemblance of Taehyung in Hyeon, not entirely but it was there. With the angular jaw and tall, imposing height that could cower anyone. When Taehyung aged, he would look like his father — and she didn’t know that it was Taehyung’s worst nightmare —  Nina hoped that Taehyung didn’t lose the remnant of the softness of his eyes, unlike Hyeon whose eyes were downright cold and somehow ruthless.

“No, I don't need to. I like my hair as it is.” Nina touched the loose strand that was pouring over her shoulders, recalling every damn moment when Taehyung called her ‘red’— because she was his red. The missing color of his world. A desire who has no boundaries and only knows madness.