35 FILTHY INFATUATION

Present

35| "His resistance is in ruins."

The ceaseless knocks on the door tore Nina away from the sweet slumber that had fallen over her like a warm blanket. She sniffled, finding her limbs weaved with Talia and Leena, cuddling each other at a suffocating point. Ersa grunted out a low hum, waking up by the same noise as she quickly checked her phone with one eye open.

"I got a text from Jer, they are here." Ersa rubbed her face with her palms and sat up, trying to defy the sleep threatening to take over.

Memories of a few hours ago pummelled in Nina's head— her crying over Taehyung's confession— her confessing the love she held for Taehyung — she and her friends were super drunk, their feet could hardly carry the weight of their bodies so they remained splayed in their places, and ended up sleeping.

"Coming, coming, I can hear you!" Luckily, Nina managed to reach the front door without stumbling and falling on her way. As soon as she unlocked the door, a smile appeared on the corner of her lips. Her boss, Jungkook, his younger brother Jerry and Namjoon were standing in her door frame.

"Seems like you guys were having fun." Namjoon commented and those heartbreakingly sexy dimples chiselled his cheeks. That all-night sob-and-drink sesh and hearing her girls' naughty late-night bedroom adventures were indeed fun.

"By the way, Nina, you look like a raccoon." Namjoon pointed his index finger at Nina's face. The black mascara was now dry on her cheeks, thanks to those tears.

"Having mascara on your cheeks is in fashion these days, it's also good for skin. You don't know anything, sir." Nina shrugged, knowing that she was being nonsense in front of her seniors though it seemed like the alcohol influence was still lingering in her senses, she blamed it all on it.

"Are you sober?" Jungkook raised a question, calmly checking his Rolex.

"Yes, I am fully sober." Nina nodded, her bangs moving across her forehead as she blew them away. She was sober enough to recognize their faces, walk properly and feel the dry mascara on her cheeks.

"I like your style." Jerry fist-pumped Nina. "Anyways, we are here to collect our girls, hope you don't mind inviting us inside." Jerry chirped in his usual unbothered tone, reminding Nina that she should open the door wider for them.

"Oh yes." She held the door and looked down at their expensive shoes as they one by one walked in. But when another pair of loafers entered, for a second confusion churned in her head as she slowly lifted her head. Her rounded eyes cut through the golden ones. The ones filled with magic that she still pathetically believed.

The man that had been dwelling on her dreams was standing in front of her.

Leather jacket with a white t-shirt, fitting charcoal trousers that bring out taut linings of his thighs which happened to make her improperly breathless with obscene images spinning around her head. The silver hoops and tassel earrings embellishing his ears were gleaming in glamour. Like usual, he was at his polished, fashionable self, with an appealing energy that she couldn't simply neglect.

More importantly, he was here, in the flesh. He was here, breathing. He was there and it was enough. Yippee ki-yay.

"You… are you real?" As soon as those words broke out between her lips, she bit her tongue and flickered her eyes away from him. There was something close-knit in that eye contact, something dangerously intimate as though he could just heist her soul through her skin. And Taehyung might do it, he might claim her soul and hide it in secrecy where no one could find it, where only he could hold her.