43 FILTHY INFATUATION

Past

43 | “No rumours?”

“What? Ji-hoon and Aria are dating? What the fucking fuck? Mom, are you sure you saw those losers together? Like for real?” Taehyung couldn't believe what he heard just a minute ago. It was so weird, because as he summed up, Ji-hoon and Aria both were like opposite forces that couldn’t be merged. Literally, everyone knew this at the school and they could barely be seen interacting so Taehyung’s reaction was valid.

Once, he even heard Ji-hoon declaring openly in the locker room to the boys that Aria was way too snobbish for his taste when someone asked him to hook up with her as a dare — You know the boys' things where they want to show male superiority and prove themselves who is best— Taehyung was never interested into their bullshit games and bitching. However, now he heard this juicy news, he couldn’t contain his joy.

Sitting on the bed, holding the cup of coffee that Seon bought for them, he fluttered his lashes to bring his attention to this very subject— gossiping with his mother was one of his favourite thing in this world— A whiff of a smile ghosted the corners of his lips, a victorious one and why not? Defying his own words, the pretender, good boy Ji-hoon was hooking up with the snobbish Aria in secret.

It was a secret, without any doubt, it was. otherwise, Taehyung would find out about them by the tattletale lurking in the school corners. And they were the popular kids, jumble and fuss could be heard on every table of the canteen, or the lockers and the classroom of course. 

Aria and Ji-hoon? Wow— It was humorous for Taehyung that he had to let out a good chuckle of mockery.

“I can't wait to see how Ji-hoon's best friend and Aria's worst enemy will react to this news. I'm such a bad person to use this for my benefit, but if it makes me get closer to my red, then why fucking not." Taehyung’s eyes glinted, the spark of mischief prowled in them as he gulped the coffee in delight, letting out a ‘ah so good’ under his breath.

“Taehyung, you aren’t supposed to call your friends or anyone a loser. That’s rude, baby.” Seon flashed him a look, shaking her head as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Meh, they aren’t my friends. They are sore losers.” Taehyung rasped, taking a sip from his cup. “Forget about it, tell me did you really see them being all pathetically lovey-dovey? I need to know everything.” Taehyung gaped at Seon through the rim of his cup like one of those nosy aunties who just want tidbits of rumors.

"Because you mentioned Ji-hoon's name and yesterday when I went to this diner with my friends, I saw them together. They didn't hesitate to flaunt their PDAs. Not that I have any issues with youngsters displaying their affection to one another, but the tongue down to Aria's throat in public was kind of—” Seon’s face twisted then a smile settled when Taehyung snapped his head at her with a disgusted expression as if he had bitten the lemon.

"Mom! Your innocent mouth shouldn't spout this kind of shit.” Taehyung shook his head furiously, his eyes rounded in shock. “Wait, your innocent eyes shouldn't witness their scandalous act.” His one hand held the cup and the other one cradled her face in his palm as he proceeded to shake his head with an astonishing face.

Look who was acting shocked as if he hadn’t made a hot mess out of Nina in a public parking lot and made her walk inside Daisy's cafe with a proud smile. Exceptionally proud. Through the glass window, he even caught Daisy and other female workers giggling and blushing while Nina still looked in a daze behind the counter… Yeah, they all understood what happened between them.