16 FILTHY INFATUATION

Past 

16| "A thing for wolves"

"Taehyung."Nina called him behind the door, her honeyed voice left brittle in nervousness. She was a sweating mess, she kept wiping her moist palm on her denim jeans. 

This was the first time she was going to get inside his room, and for her she was stepping inside a devil's den. With a jittery sensation stinging her stomach, she knocked on the door and only received the eerie silence. Nina hesitantly opened the door and quietly trickled in. Every nerve of her body was urging her to take her steps back and run the heck out of Taehyung's territory.

She looked around Taehyung's room, it was like any other rich kid's bedroom with outstanding decors but neat and clean, way too clean and it stunned Nina, she thought Taehyung would be a messy person like him is in reality, a chaotic jerk. 

And by seeing his room anyone could tell he was a music lover, different sorts of instruments were complimenting the extravagance of the room, especially the white piano dominating the corner. Mindlessly, she moved toward the wall which was filled with lots of portraits. But there were two paintings hung on the wall that piqued her interest. 

One was just the face of a grey wolf, looking so sturdy and autocratic and smug. His eyes were golden and cunning with thick and neat whiskers. Nina convulsed, the wolf in the painting looked so damn alive as if it would growl and howl at any moment.

And the other painting coiled her lips for a smile, the dainty creases appeared around her eyes. It was a girl in a red hood standing in the isolated green woods, her lips were bloody red, her skin was as white as snow. The thick strands of hair escaping through her hood and gracefully pouring around her arms were the same shade of her hood. Red, so red. 

The girl was hugging a grey wolf to her chest as the snowflakes showered them, adding beauty to the portrait. The painting was resplendent, leaving Nina's bones clattered in amazement. 

So many feelings crossed through Nina, while she could only gawk at the painting in a whirring trance, and there was a weird hiss of familiarity in her senses. It was strange for Nina to find herself attracted to this painting that seemed hauntingly real. 

"Eventually, the wolf will kill the red riding hood, drink her blood raw and devour her remains with a grin." Nina exhaled, the boastful voice of Taehyung swayed in her ears to hum her blood, and it sounded so close, even intimate.

"What if he doesn't?" Nina let out in a reverie, she traced the painting with her index, especially the grey wolf's eyes. Golden and filled with malice, yet exceptionally gorgeous.