40|| Be My Husband, Viransh

🎶Maine Pi Rakhi Hai 🎶

Consuming alcohol is injurious to health

"I was created to be destroyed, meeting you was merely an excuse." — Jaun Elia

─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────

Viransh couldn't pinpoint the exact moment he fell in love with Avni.

Perhaps there was never a single, precise moment. There were moments. Too many of them before an epiphany, like a released arrow tearing the mist, pierced straight through his tangled emotions and muddled thoughts, bringing forth the word trapped beneath the boundaries of his lips. The words, the emotions he was dreading to accept.

It wasn't that he was scared of accepting all the emotions love entailed.

It was her whom he was terrified of.

Love for her, after all, was the most bizarre feeling he'd ever dealt with. It refused to be confined in a mere whisper of fondness or a delicate spell of enchantment or a secret caress of passion. It did not tiptoe on the threshold of his heart, softly murmuring, seeking permission to crawl within. By no means was it simple, calm, or gentle. If anything, it took hold of him without warning. Like a fearless hurricane, it was wild, untamed, uninvited. Bold and brazen, it stormed into his peaceful life, wreaked havoc on his soul, and claimed every chamber of his heart as its own.

God, love for her was just like her—ambivalent, raw, complex, imperfect.

"What can I fix you up with, dude?"

Viransh looked up, frowning as the rawboned, bearded bartender plonked a weizen glass on the wooden table.

My girlfriend.

"Nothing." He shook his head.

The bartender shrugged before proceeding to the other patrons gathered at the bar.

Sighing out a long breath, Viransh peeked to his right, to his employees sitting a few tables away. The bodyguard sat upright on the stool, too guarded than required, darting glances all over the bar while the assistant kept cursing under his breath, sweeping his eyes at his wristwatch every two minutes and chugging a drink down his throat.

"Hey, handsome."

Viransh stiffened as a sultry voice purred against his ear.

"Who would keep a man like you waiting?" she inquired, her hands coming over the nape of his neck, squeezing it briefly before retreating. She sat on the stool adjacent to him, one leg over the other as she ensnared him in a curious scrutiny.

"My girlfriend," he answered, the muscle of his nose tautening due to the faint odour of alcohol exuding from her.

"So you're off the market," the woman slurred, a painful smile on her attractive face. "By the way, what's her name?"

"Avni."

"Avni," she repeated, a giggle fleeing past her lips. "Nice name."

"I know." He nodded with a smile.

"How is she like?" she asked, leaning into him, her bare knees brushing against him. He went rigid. Gladdened with her daring move, she grinned at the man before her, enjoying the delightfully slow torture she was putting him in.

Viransh hesitated.

"Come on, I am dying to know what you see in her."

His eyes flitted across the young woman's face. He gazed at her for a moment too long, drinking every feature as if entrapping her essence in his amber chasms. "She's an amazing woman," he murmured, his voice benevolent. "There is no single word I could use to describe her. She recklessly dances on the edge of two contrasting worlds. And I guess that's what captivates me more about her—she defies definition, she devises a world of her own. I am fortunate to know her just as she is."