05|| The exclusive suite & the temptress

"She wears strength and darkness equally well. The girl has always been half-goddess and half-hell." —Nikita Gill

***

Viransh's gaze hovered over the workers scattered around a grand ballroom, decorating the hall and placing cutleries on the white cloth-draped tables for the guests. While strictly monitoring their work, he also occasionally gave his personal suggestions. He wanted everything perfect, after all, it was an event hosted by El Dorado. 

El Dorado was an exclusive organization for the wealthiest and most influential business groups across the world. The club established decades ago, had successfully instituted rules and standards that define excellence in the industry. Membership in El Dorado not only bestowed privileges but at the prominence and adherence to the elite norms set by the group.

In a grand display of its influence, El Dorado decided to host a prestigious event, the Annual El Dorado Glass Gala. This event is renowned for bringing together captains of industry, influential entrepreneurs, and business magnates, offering a platform for networking, deal-making, and showcasing the opulence of El Dorado membership. 

The Glass Gala event was held in the solitariness of Graceview Manor, one of the estates owned by Malik Groups in Westwood.

A while later, Viransh found himself walking across the lobby to review the guest list once again. However, the moment he stepped into the foyer, his ears perched at a familiar soprano.

"Can't you manage something?" the voice asked in urgency.

Chloe Stevens, the manager appointed for Graceview, forced a small smile. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but all the available rooms are booked beforehand."

A weary sigh left the woman's mouth as she clutched her handbag and the manager almost felt bad for her.

"What's happened, Chloe?" Viransh asked once he approached the two women near the receptionist area.

Avni's dark gaze widened before she meticulously masked her surprise with a blank stare. "Nothing," she answered and tightened her hold on her suitcase.

"She's one of the guests for tonight's event. Her assistant made reservations in another hotel in the city. her flight got delayed. She had made reservations in another hotel in the city, but since the event would start in a few hours, for now, she can't travel back and forth to the city." She paused and took a deep breath before continuing, "That's why she needed a room here for tonight."

Viransh nodded, his amber eyes remained locked on the woman who looked ready to wheel out of the hotel.

"But ma'am, I can make some arrangements for you in our nearby Inn," Chloe suggested.

They had a nearby Inn—Sea Rock, in case they had a shortage of accommodations in times like this.

Before Avni could respond, Viransh shook his head. "No."

Both the women gaped at him.

He pinched the bridge of his nose, forcing his attention to the manager. "Give her the exclusive suite."

Chloe's lips parted in a silent gasp. "But that's your—"

"Chloe," he regarded the manager sternly, ignoring the questioning stare of the heiress. "We have many exclusive suites. We can make exceptions this time."

"It's fine," Avni interjected, her voice cool as she turned to Chloe. "Make arrangements in the Inn."

"Stay here," Viransh objected. "The Inn is around one hundred twenty miles from here. I don't see you reaching here on time if you opt to stay there."