Wen Ning nods, but then his eyes become wide when he notices Xia's hands have blisters on them.
"Your hands.."
Xia looks down at them and laughs.
"Oh yeah. I may have scrubbed the cloths a bit too hard lately."

Wen Ning is silent for a moment but suddenly takes Xia's wrists gently and drags her along with him to his home.

"H-hey, wait a miniute-what's wrong?" she says curiously,stopping to keep from falling. Wen Ning answers back.

"I'll take you to sis, so she can heal your hands. I hate to see your hands like this."

Xia is taken back by his statement, but she cant help but smile and blush at his concernedness, and lets him drag her the rest of the way.

Wen Ning is quite cute when he's being forward .

🪷🪷🪷

"There. Your hands should be completely healed after a good sleep tonight. I'll take the bandages off for you tomorrow," Wen Qing says in a serious tone which makes Xia smile.

"Thanks, jie jie. You're amazing."

The older girl flicks her head.
"You need to take care of yourself better. Don't let those stupid girls bully you. If you want, I'll go tell them off for you."

Xia raises her hands nervously.
"N-no, no. You dont need to help me. It may make things worse for me."
Qing huffs and walks away saying," Fine. Both of you get ready for supper."

Xia happily ate the rice noodle soup that Wen Qing made for her as she sat with the two siblings at their table. Wen Qing looks at her.

"Its been 3 months. Your friends and family must be wondering how you are right now."

Xia's expression falls and she sets her spoon down.
"Yeah...but id rather they forget about me. I'm sure things are much better now that I've gone here."

Wen Ning blinks in confusion at her words. Surely she wanted them to get her back?  Wen Qing on the other hand figured that Xia was trying to protect her family from the wrath of Wen Rhoulan. Although Wen Qing was proud to be favored by the clan leader, she knew of his desire to control all of the cultivator clans and continue the Wen clans rise in in power.

She frowns.
'Jiang Xia, there's much more to you than we think'

🪷🪷🪷

After dinner, Xia stands out of the wooden balcony overlooking the city of Nevernight. As beautiful as it was, she cant help but long for the calm,lily pad waters of Lotus Pier, where her friends and her freedom were miles away.

She didn't turn around but she could sense Wen Qing beside her. The girl didnt say anything at first.

"You remind me of someone."

Xia blinks.
"Oh really? Who?"

"It was girl I knew when I was younger from the main branch of Wen. She was only 2 years younger than me but she always seemed older than she was. Her name was Wen Ruyi."

The name brings an unknown sense of familiarity to Xia who tilts her head.
"Was?"

Wen Qing's expression becomes more solemn.
"Yes. She died very young. She was very dear to me and was like a little sister. Id like to think she would have been just like you if she had the chance to live longer."

Xia's face shows sympathy towards Wen Qing, whom always seemed to hide her emotions behind a serious mask. She didn't expect to learn about this new information, but something about the story made her feel strange-as if she already knew this Wen Ruyi.

She looks back into the sky and suddenly a question comes to mind.
"Wen Qing, you said Wen Ruyi is someone you met in the main branch of Wen?"

Wen Qing nods.
"Yes, she was the daughter of Wen Royi , the sister of Clan leader Wen and an unknown cultivator from another clan."

Suddenly, Xia's head began to hurt as a image of a beautiful woman dressed in find red and white robes holding her hands out towards her appeared in her mind. But just as fast as it came, it was gone.

Wen Qing looked at her with concern.
"Are you okay?"

Xia holds her head.
"Y-yeah im fine. I just ...felt a bit lightheaded is all."

Wen Qing doesn't seem very convinced that Xia was fine but she didnt ask anything else. Xia on the other hand was confused as hell.

Who was that woman and why did she appear so suddenly in my mind? Wait...if this is like any typical storyline...then that woman and I must be connected...which can only mean....

Her eyes widened.

'I have some connection to this world through Wen Ruyi!'