Raiden Part: 8

Satomi and Elham where too late to see the tornado and too late to fight against the Herrscher.

For the whole day they helped to get the people out of buildings and debris parts. In the evening Satomi asked around the Schicksal base on what they knew about the events from the day.

She came to a weird conclusion.

"So," Satomi started as she and Elham where sitting on a bench of the Schicksal base, resting before going home. "They where alarmed when Mei's dragon was sitting around at a building, following protocol, they evacuated the area and prepared for an attack. The building collapsed, the Dragon vanished and it was calm before the Herrscher signature appeared and then dissapeared. It was calm for about two hours before Mei and the Herrscher of Wind fought, Mei won of course."

Elham looked at Satomi.
"Sounds like Mei was already in the building that collapsed. I assume for a mission." The black haired woman said.

"If that is the case, and I trust you on that, we won't find anything out at the moment. The few minor injured of that first building where not in the mood to talk and the rest of them is too injured to lift a finger." Satomi said and groaned.

She spread her arms out and stretched herself before looking at the evening sky.

"Was it too much to quietly hope to find out where Jackal was?" Satomi asked.

Now that came so out of nowhere that even Elham looked suprised.

"Please don't tell me you just came for that." Elham said.

"Of course not, it would just have been the iceing on the cake." Satomi said, her face expression changing to a more neutral one.

Elham knew what she was thinking about.

"Do you still have nightmares?" Elham asked.

Satomi didn't answear.

"You know, I wasn't realy old when my hometown got destroyed." Elham said and looked at the ground.

"The outbreak in Saudi Arabia, you did tell me that." Satomi said and sat a bit more upwards.

"Jackal picked me up afterwards. Thats how I got my fire." Elham said and created a small fireball in her hand, quickly extinguishing it.

"It was long and painful and afterwards I was reduced to an easly manipulated tool. I wanted to kill Jackal for years, but at the same time let myself convince that all Herrscher are bad." Elham said and leaned back.

"Then why didn't you kill Jackal after all?" Satomi asked.

"I was too afraid to resist, only when I knew you where in danger I decited to finaly do something." Elham said.

"And what are you trying to say?" Satomi asked.

"I wasn't able to get out of there alone, so let me help you reach your goal. And please tell me when you have any leads, okay?" Elham said.

"I'm fine, It's too dangerous for you to be involved." Satomi said and stood up.

"I choose to help you." Elham said and stood up as well.

She didn't expect Satomi to tightly hug her. "I'll try." Satomi whispered and let go.

They looked into each others eyes. Satomi's blue eyes and outgrown hair was beautiful in the sunset, and Elham's black hair and dark skin where always a sight for the gods.

Both women didn't know what overcame then when they moved closer to each other and kissed.

It was Satomi's imperfect first try to kiss someone, but Elham liked it anyways.
They pulled away almost silmutaniouslt.