Under the cold light, he saw the eyes of Landlord Yingxing in the photo slowly moving to the left, locking onto his gaze.

Tang Ning's muscles tensed in an instant, suspecting he was seeing things. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the photo again; Landlord Yingxing's eyes had returned to the center.

It must be an illusion.

Tang Ning stepped over the threshold, the chilling sensation of being observed like a venomous snake creeping up his spine. Tang Ning told himself not to overthink, but he couldn't resist turning back-

He saw the lips of Landlord Yingxing in the photo slowly parting, revealing a eerie smile!

In that moment, a shivering coldness surged from the soles of Tang Ning's feet to his head. His scalp exploded, and he broke out in a cold sweat on the spot!

Panic-stricken, Tang Ning rushed out of the farewell hall. Trying to shake off the image, he went to a spot where the photo couldn't be seen and tremulously dialed Boss Hao's number. After hearing Tang Ning's breathless plea for help, Boss Hao calmly said, "It's fine. As long as you follow my instructions to properly offer sacrifices, there won't be any issues."

With Boss Hao's assurance, Tang Ning reluctantly calmed down.

Next, Tang Ning, along with the funeral procession, accompanied Landlord Yingxing's urn to the cemetery. The cemetery was close to the villa area, and as they climbed the hill, Tang Ning remembered Boss Hao's instructions: look back every seven steps. After Landlord Yingxing was buried, Tang Ning planned to take a handful of soil from the greenery beside the grave, as the well-maintained cemetery had tiles all around.

Because he needs to wait for everyone to leave before getting the soil.

Tang Ning waited for almost an hour; one by one, the others left, leaving only Lu Junchi standing in front of the grave.

Lu Junchi looked even more haggard than yesterday. The stubble of dark hair on his face was untrimmed, and he wore a black suit, black bow tie, and black leather shoes, engulfed in a somber black from head to toe, exuding a profound grief.

"Tang Ning," Lu Junchi gazed at Landlord Yingxing's grave, speaking slowly, "There are things I don't know if Yingxing ever told you. I believe he didn't. Although he appears to be someone who talks a lot, he guards some secrets more securely than anyone else."

Tang Ning felt bewildered.

"During the time when you and Yingxing were quarreling, he experienced a series of strange incidents. At night, he would hear the cries of a strange woman while sleeping. This voice, even with earplugs and noise-canceling headphones, couldn't be blocked. It seemed to resonate in his mind."

"When he was in the elevator, the doors would open and close for no reason, and then he would hear the overload warning."

"During his shower, the water from the showerhead turned red. Despite being a short-haired guy, the pipes in his home were often clogged with long black hair."

"Perhaps these are ordinary things in life. At first, when he told me, I thought he was just talking nonsense, especially considering his habit of not being serious."

"Then, one day, when I went to his rented place to find him, I saw him strangling himself. He seemed determined to strangle himself alive." Lu Junchi lowered his voice, "Tang Ning, strange, isn't it? How could someone strangle themselves? He nearly died in front of me."

"I took him to the hospital for an examination, but it was ineffective. Later, I consulted some masters, but they couldn't help either. Then, Yingxing broke up with you over the phone. I watched him make that call, and his voice was laughing throughout, but you know what?"