THE TEASE

VANIE's POV

TW:- 18+ (smut)

I have never held my breath for so long. It's been three hours. Three hours of sitting next to Aadi and watching a movie, three hours of his hands and other body parts slowly grazing mine. Being this close to him makes me aware of his every movement, every breath that leaves his body and every beat of his heart.

When I looked up at him a few minutes ago, I could see the need and want dancing in his eyes. And that confirmed that he was doing all this intentionally.

With every graze of his calloused fingers against the bare skin of my arms, my heartbeat quickens. My entire body burns with need.

I stopped focusing on the movie a long time ago, because I can't focus on anything but him. At first I tried to pretend that I was watching the movie, but it all went down the drain when Sidya started commenting on the movie and I had no idea what she was blabbering about, but I still acted like I understood all she said. And then she gave me a notorious look, with an even mischievous smile.

So, when Aadi gets up and leaves the room to answer his phone, she slowly comes closer to me and whispers, "Someone's hot and bothered."

My eyes widen slightly and my cheeks and body burn with embarrassment. I can feel the scarlet red creeping up from my neck to my cheeks.

Am I that obvious?

I turn around when I hear the voice of the door opening and Aadi walks back in. He looks normal, not even a hair out of place. I hate that it's only me who is this obvious and all flustered up. I could feel his heartbeat when I laid on his chest while watching the movie, or to be more precise, pretending to watch it. I could feel his heartbeat accelerating with every moment, like his heart was going to tear through his bones and skin. So, I am sure he is equally turned on, but how is he so put together?

"I should get going," Sidya finally says.

"Yes," I say immediately, almost too quickly that it has her turning around and studying my reaction.

She looks at me, her eyes narrowed. "It's sad that the mother died in the end."

Mother?

Oh, yes. The movie.

"Yeah, I almost cried," I lie, even though I have no idea who the mother was or how she died.

She stars grinning and I frown in confusion.

Why is she grinning?

I go still when Aadi's hand grips my bicep and his warm, soft breath touches my earlobe. He is close, so close, and my heart starts fluttering like the wings of a butterfly inside my rib cage. "There was no mother in the movie, Roses," he whispers in his husky, dark voice.

And now I feel more stupid than ever. Not just Sidya, but my jerk of a fiance is also aware of my lack of focus on the movie. It's all because of him.

"I should get going. I don't want to witness anything more than I already have." She grabs her purse from the sofa, straightens her posture and puts on her heels and walks out of the door without sparing us a glance.

My phone pings with a message.

I want all the details💋😉.

My cheeks heat up, but I try to maintain my demeanour. I can't be the only one flustering like an idiot. Even the teenagers in school are not as obvious as me. Maybe I should ask them for tips.

Even though my body tells me he is looking at me, I still look up from my shoulders to confirm. The moment our eyes meet, I lose all the restraint I had and so does he.