THE PROPOSAL

AADISH's POV

I check my phone with my free hand while using the other for driving. For the last few days I have been trying to get Roses back. Technically I have her back, but she won't accept it. She keeps reminding me that she is still mad at me. And every-time I hear the words 'Aadish I am still mad at you' coming from her mouth I can't help but smile. You are not mad, if, you have to tell the other person that you are mad.

Everyday I leave her little notes and some flowers on her car's windshield, as she still refuses to drive with me. But from what I have been observing I think she just likes receiving the little notes and flowers. She blushes every-time she reads the notes. And she has finally stopped crushing the flowers. Last night, my mother and Rooh invited her over for a girls night. Normally, I would have loved it, but both of them are on team Roses. And I am dead sure that they must have bitched about me the entire night.

I turn the steering wheel slightly to the left as I park under a tree. Normally, I drive here with a driver and ask him to drop me here, while he takes the car away. But today, I have different plans.

I take off my seatbelt as I slowly collect my belongings from the car. I still have 15 minutes. Making use of the time, I take out my phone as I open the messenger app.

Me:- Everything ready?

The receiver of the text reacts with a thumbs up reaction to the text, rather than actually replying.

I like people who keep their texts short, people who text only what is necessary and needed.

I lock my phone as I put it inside my pocket. Drawing in deep breaths, I remind myself why I am here. I have to do this. This is the only option I have.

I step out of the car, as my heart races. I feel like a teenager. The hormonal rush and the nervousness are not helping either. It can't be that hard. I wipe my clammy hands on my pants as I open the door to the backseat and grab the black little strip lying on the seat. A blindfold. I stuff it my right pocket. Then I pick the huge bouquet lying on the backseat along with a little note hanging down the bouquet with a string.

Stop pretending like you are still mad at me.
I can see it in your eyes.
YOU ARE NOT MAD, ROSES.

I carefully check my surroundings. It's a habit I have picked. Stepping back and locking the car, I move towards the entrance of the school. I hear the bell ring and watch the students run out. All of them jump, scream and shout as soon as they step outside the school boundaries. Shaking my head at them, I bring my focus back to the entrance, waiting for that one person to step out.

My chest tightens as I hear her laughter before I see her. I straighten my posture, look down at myself as I smooth out the little creases from my suit. I look up to find her talking with other teachers. She side hugs one of them and drags her towards the door. Her eyes meet mine and I can see her stilling. I raise a brow at her and watch as her eyes widen. She swallows as she walks towards me, the other teacher still next to her. I recognise her from the previous meetings we have had. Nitya.

Clearing my throat, I bring my eyes back to my woman. She is dressed in lemon coloured flowy  kurti, with balloon sleeves and broad cuffs. Small silver earrings in her ears move to and fro as she walks towards me. She tucks her hair back with her eyes still fixed at me. I take in the subtle and beautiful features of her face. Her brown eyes shining in the sunlight, her cheeks red from the heat and her pink plump lips.