THE HEARTBREAK

VANIE's POV

The throbbing pain in my head wakes me up. I whimper in pain. My eyes still closed. The warmth around me is comforting, I lean back into the source of warmth seeking more comfort. My mouth is dry, a weird taste at the back of my throat. I slowly open my mouth and a groan leaves my lips. I open my eyes. My surroundings are just a mere blur of greys and blacks.

My brain feels like a jelly, jiggling inside my skull and my body feels like a lump of mass stuck under a rock. I scrunch my eyes and pull one of my hands out of the trap that holds me still as I rub them harder. Opening them again, I finally start to understand my surroundings. I am lying in our room.

I raise my head and the shooting pain in my head makes me wince. God! What is wrong with me?

After a few seconds, I try again. And somehow I manage to raise my head, despite the cruciating pain, and I try to figure out what is trapping me down. My eyes fall on the muscular leg, a leg that belongs to Aadi, lying on top of me and one of his arms snaked around my waist holding me closer to his chest.

I-I...why can't I recall anything?

I don't remember Aadi coming home or.....or us coming to the bed. I look down at myself only to find my clothes still intact on my body. I turn around, my gaze falls on his face, his perfect face. He lies there with his eyes closed but his brows furrowed. I gently rub the pad of my fingers along the creases of his forehead, and they visibly relax a little. He works way too hard. At least during sleep he shouldn't be so stressed.

I twist my head a little away from him to look at the time. The clock on the bedside reads 2:00 AM. I throw my head back at the pillow. I take in deep breaths and my throat feels as dry as a desert. I am severely dehydrated.

In hope of finding the bottle of water, I extend my hand towards my bedside, only for it to catch air and nothing else. I always make sure to have some water next to my bed, and if not a bottle then at least a glass of water. Then how did I forget to keep water today. I sigh.

The weird taste in my mouth is making everything harder. I don't even have enough saliva to swallow right now. For some reason my entire body hurts like it has been hit by a train. I don't have enough energy to even move my neck, let alone getting up from the bed and getting water for myself.

But, I need water. So, I slowly try to move myself, making sure to not wake Aadi up. He seems tired and I don't want to trouble him by waking him up. I struggle to get myself out of his hold. The man really has a devil's hold. I am surprised that he didn't wake up with all the jiggling. I slowly remove his arm from around my waist. He moves a little in his sleep and mutters something intangible. My headache is way too strong for me to comprehend what he just spoke. I don't even make an effort. Then I crouch forward and remove his leg from me.

I struggle a little with his leg.

Why is this man so heavy?

I slowly get off the bed. I place my feet on the cold wooden floor and I immediately miss the warmth of his body pressed against mine.I stand up and try gaining balance but my head spins and a strong wave of dizziness hits me. I try getting my body to balance, to stay still, but I fail and fall back on the mattress.

It's going to be harder than I thought. I can barely recollect what happened, my brain is filled with fog and the pain making it impossible to focus or think.

I take in a few deep breaths and push myself up the bed. I hold the side of the bed as I try gaining the balance. Once I feel stable, I slowly move my body up and start to walk towards the kitchen. But first, I look for my slippers. I can only spot one lying near my bed, while there are no signs of the other. So, I decide to walk barefoot. My vision is still a little blurry, the spots making it harder to focus. The lights in the living room are still on. And as soon as I step into the lights, my eyes close and my body flinches.