THE NIGHT

VANIE's POV

I am staying over. I am spending the night at Aadish's.

There is no way the rain is stopping and even if it did, the roads would still be slippery.

I take a look around his living room. It screams luxury. The house has everything from Motion Sensor Lights to expensive leather sofa and wooden floors. His place is just like him.

Mysterious, Dark but definitely homely once you find the right corners.

I take a look at the two pictures placed above the mantle. The only sign that an actual human lives here. I move closer to the picture on the right.

It's a picture of two kids dressed in proper desi attire, while holding hands. I recognise Aadish from his hair and eyes, but, the other kid not so much.

"Is she your sister?" I ask
He nods.

"She lives with your mother, right?" I say in order to get him talking, to at least know something about him.

"She lives in london. Apparently, our mother decided that separating two kids was the best option."

I sense pain, sadness, resentment in his reply.

He loves his sister. My heart clenches.

"Are you and your sister close?" I ask

He nods. I want more than just nods, so, I stare at him, until, he continues talking again.

"The distance could never actually separate us. My mother's plan of moving us continents apart failed. You should feel lucky you get to live with your sibling." He says.

His last sentence shoots a dagger through my heart.

"Yeah! We are not really close." I whisper.

He stares at me, hoping for me to continue. But he is the last person I want to discus my family dynamics with. So, I divert him.

"Aren't you hungry?" I ask.
"We just ate." He replies.
"So?"
He stares at me.

"What do you want to eat?" He asks.
"Considering none of us are good cooks. What do you have?" I ask.

He begins to take off his suit's jacket. I stare as his muscles flex under the shirt. Then he takes off the bow, the cufflinks and folds his sleeves.

Veins popping, strong, powerful hands. I feel weak in the knees. My ears burn. And all of sudden my body is too heated. Their isn't enough ventilation.

"Roses."
"Y-yes!"
"You are red again." He says with a smirk.

Shit! Did he know how I felt?

"My skin must be acting up." I lie.

He nods and then laughs.

Jerk.

"Care to explain what you are trying to do?" I ask.
"Well, 'somebody' needs to check their facts, while, I go and make food for that 'somebody'." He says while taking a few steps towards me.

The Unnecessary AllianceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara