THE PROBATION

VANIE's POV

I take a look in the mirror, as I try breathing evenly. It had been five days, five days since he rejected me, five days since he thought he had any authority to raise his voice at me, five days of him messing with my emotions.

Last night he had sent Shefali at my place, for letting me know, that we need to make a public appearance. I wanted to say no, I wanted to run to my room and hide my face in a pillow and cry my heart out. But, my mother said yes. "This wedding is important for our family and you will do what you are needed to do." She had said.

In that moment all I could think of was of a quote I read on my instagram. A quote that made me cry like a baby.

Mard ki khoobsurati uski shakal mei nahi uske alfaaz mein hoti hai, agar uske alfaaz badsurat ho jayein to accha khaasa mard bura lagne lagta hai

~ Bano Qudsia.

(The beauty of a man is not in his face but in his words, if his words become ugly then even a good man starts looking bad.)

That's when I realised, I wasn't mad at him for rejecting me. I was mad at him because he thought it was okay for him to raise his voice at me, I was mad because he thought he had the authority to look down at me for being a human with feelings, I was mad because not once did he think how badly his words could hurt me. He hadn't said much, but the way he spoke conveyed everything.

For the last four days, he has been leaving me flowers and notes on my car's windshield and door handle. I have been finding them after school. Every day I make sure to crush the flowers, just like he crushed my heart. But, I have kept the notes. I take out the notes from the little jar on my dressing table as I read them again.

it's you.
it's always been you, Roses.

I am jealous of everyone, including your students, who get to hear you talk, when you won't even reply to my texts.

Not to brag, but I think we will make really cute kids someday, cuter than the asshole you were kissing on the cheek. Just saying.

You look cute in PJs, especially when your shirt climbs all the way up.

The last note made me want to kill Rooh. She came over for a sleepover. We talked, she told me everything about her mother and her arrival. I felt bad for their family. A part of me wanted to give up and talk to him. To tell him that I understand, but I don't. I don't need another person in my life, who thinks it's okay to raise their voice at me like I don't matter. Whatever he was going through he should have talked it out instead of pushing me away and raising his damn voice at me.

I shake my head as I push the sad and depressing thoughts away. I am done being mopey. Today I am going to make him regret raising his voice at me. He might have tricked me into meeting him, but he can't get me to actually talk to him.

I take in my nude makeup, as I watch my skin tight dress accentuating my curves. I picked it up with Sidya a few months back. It's pink in colour with a deep plunging neckline, though I pulled it up, so only a very tiny portion of my cleavage is visible. Enough to tease him. It has a side slit. And my heels making me look like a total badass. I feel confident as I stand straight.

Yesterday, when I was thinking of what to wear, I decided to switch into my Sidya mode. To think like her. If someone ever spoke to her in this way, she would have made that person repent. So, I decided to follow her footsteps. I take my phone out to send her a picture, when it hits me, I haven't told her anything about my fight with Aadi. She would have lost it, if she knew how he spoke to me.