THE HALF NEWS

AADISH's POV

A day of complete silence from her, filled with chaos of revelations was not something I expected today to be like. After Avinash came over we went over the CCD footage of the home and for a second I couldn't believe what I saw.

The woman who delivered the pendrive was none other than Sidya. I knew she despised me, but I didn't know that she hated me and would stoop so low and hire men against me. She went through all this trouble, messed up my whole life just to prove a point.

Everything that has happened in the past few months, did not make much sense, but now it does. We had been targeting the wrong people, doubting the wrong people. Who knew that the one plotting against was just a petty woman who couldn't bear losing a best friend to another man.

She took this to a whole new level. I am not fond of her either but I didn't attack her company or her family, but she did. We had been wondering who was funding the marked ones, but guess we have our answer now. It must have been her. She has the money and she had the reason. She could have easily hired people to come after us. No matter what she said this morning, she is our prime suspect now.

But something doesn't sit right. What reason would she have? This doesn't appear to be a strong enough reason. Neither do we have a history, nor have our paths ever crossed, not before I met Vanie. Avinash and I have spent most of our time today trying to dig some dirt on her, to find out why she would sabotage everything dear to us.

Seeing her actions I wouldn't put it past her doing this just for the sake of making me regret. If the conversation I had with her is any proof then she is arrogant, filled with pride, and a self righteous wild cat. She thinks she is above everyone else, but it's not the truth. She will regret everything soon enough. I WILL MAKE HER REGRET.

"So, what now? How do you plan on getting her back?"

I look at the screen, with a map and red dot on a very familiar location. A location I was at just this morning, Sidya's house. That's where Vanie is.

"I am going to call off the deal." I tell.

I turn the seat around, away from the screen and watch Avinash's expressions change.

"You can't be serious," he says.

"I am." I grab my phone from the edge of the table. "I need her back, if she thinks the deal was the only thing keeping us together, then she is wrong. And I want her to know I will bear any expense just to have her be mine."

"Aadi we will lose a lot. Our company will suffer majorly. After all the details, files, and contracts that have become public in the past few months we are not ready for this hit." He warns.

"We are." I murmur.

We made sure everyone who stood or went against was eradicated, be it by giving them insane amounts of money or by having them completely disappear. It was the only option we had. And to think that Sidya kept her mouth shut even after we had someone kill two of her pawns for information is beyond comprehension. It's sickening.

And it appears that even though she fits the puzzle perfectly, she might not be the piece that belongs to this puzzle. I keep feeling like we are still heading in the wrong direction.

"What about our stocks? We finally have new investors and I don't think it's wise to do any such thing," he expresses his worry.

"We are still ahead of all of our competitors. And even if we do have a setback, we can always have an epic comeback. It's not like it would be the first time." I scroll through my call log and my eyes keep lingering on her name. She hasn't called, or replied to my text. She did see the picture I sent her yesterday and to think how excited I was when I sent this and how hurtful it would have been for her when she saw it. She must have reduced its worth to a mockery too, but we can work through this, as long as it's not too late.