THE CHARITY EVENT

VANIE's POV

What just happened?

My brain keeps going back to the car ride, the roses, the way he defended me.
I hug the bouquet. And I can't help but smile.
He might not admit it, but he does care.

I don't think I need to see Sidi's proof of him being a monster or the bad guy as she says. Because, my heart wants him and I know he is the one Universe wants me to be with.

The best part about today is, my mother just insulted me and all I can think of is him. Normally I would have cried a little. But, today, I can't stop blushing and smiling. That's what he does to me. He makes me forget all that is wrong in my life. For the first time in my life, I feel like I belong somewhere. I belong with him. Aadi, my Aadi.

I get up from the bed and pull out three vases from the storage next to my bed. I put some water in them. Then I look at the huge bouquet he got me.

"For your hair." He had said.
But, let's face it, I didn't need more than 100 roses for my hair.

I divide the flower and put them in three separate vases. I place one on my dressing table, one next to my bed and the last one right in front of my eyes, on my bookshelf. These roses will keep reminding me of his presence. His care. His thoughtfulness.

I take a deep breath as I look at the clock. The Charity Event. Shit! I forgot to ask at what time will he be picking me up?

I pick my phone up and shoot him a message.

"Hey! What time is the charity event? Is there any theme?" I contemplate adding hearts and smooches to this text but I decide otherwise.

Baby steps, Vanie. Baby steps.

He replies immediately.

"Be ready by 7. It's a black tie event."

He wants to go there early. It must be really important for him.

I am going to put on my best dress. I think to myself.

I still have a little time before I start getting ready. So, I decide to take a long and relaxing bath.

AN HOUR LATER

I walk into my closet looking for the 'perfect' dress. Unlike, the dinner night, I don't have anyone helping me today.

I take out a black body-con dress, with a sweetheart neckline and slit on the side.