Chapter 10

(Daylight By Taylor Swift)

Hayden's Pov

I walked around the shop, a giant smile on my face as I did. I felt amazing. Spending tonight with Dylan was perfect. I never expected to have such a good date with somebody.

I gathered my things, preparing to finally go home. I sat in my car outside of the tattoo shop, ready to pull out before quickly putting my car in park and pulling my phone out of my bag.
I unlocked my phone, scrolling down to Dylan's contact.

There was so much that I wanted to say, but I didn't know how to express myself tonight.
My phone rang, before the voicemail message came through. I stared out at the tattoo shop, taking a deep breath.

"You asked me earlier what defined who I am, and I answered with what defines me, but not what I want to be defined by." I spoke, as all of these newfound emotions attacked me.

"I wanna be defined by the things that I love. Not the things I hate, Not the things that I'm afraid-I'm afraid of, Not the things that haunt me in the middle of the night. I just want to be my own person, because I feel like you are what you love." I stopped speaking, and slowly hung up the phone.

I put my phone in my cup holder, taking a second to take in my surroundings. There are so many things that I have yet to do in my lifetime that I want to do. In one single day, I've felt like I've known him forever.

A dangerous combination. My happiness, my feelings, everything was spinning and I felt like I was the only thing that was standing still. I put my car in drive once again, starting my short journey home.

When I got home, I let Tucker out, and I sat in my kitchen waiting for him to run in so that I could close the door. I closed my eyes before jumping up as soon as my phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I spoke, putting my phone on speaker as I cleaned my kitchen a little.

"What's up? How was your date?" I heard my brother's voice come through the phone which made me laugh.

"It went well. I actually had a great time, he was so nice and I cannot wait to go on another date with him. Well, if he wants to go with me." I rambled, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Enough of me, when are you flying in?" I asked, looking at the calendar for July.

"The second. I'll be there to celebrate the 4th, and a week after i think." He hummed, and I knew he wasn't looking at his calendar at all.

"I can't wait to see everyone. Especially my boy Tucker, how is he doing?" As if Tucker could hear him, he ran inside, and sat in front of me.

"He's good." I closed the door, locking it, so if Tucker wanted to go out, he had to use the doggy door.

"How busy are you this week?"

"Not that busy... I only had a couple people send emails. I have an appointment in two days with a girl named Roxanne, which I'm so excited about. She seems so cool." I rambled, a smile on my face as I walked up the stairs towards my bedroom.

I put my shoes next to my door, and looked around my pastel yellow bedroom. I let out a deep breath, walking towards my desk and sitting down.

"I want a new tattoo when I come in."

"You always get whatever you want, you and I both know that." I joked, letting out a loud laugh as I heard him laugh on the other line.

"Well, I'm gonna go. I have some editing I need to do. See you next week!" He yelled, causing me to smile.

"See you next week, Colby, love you!"

"Love you too."

I hung up the phone, looking down at my sketch book in front of me, and grabbing a couple pencils. I started randomly drawing things, not knowing exactly what I was doing, but just letting my imagination run wild.

Because that's what I was so good at.

Recognizing the emotions I was feeling, and expressing them in my drawings, and right now I was starting to like Dylan.

740 Words