Chapter 3

(You Are In Love By Taylor Swift)

Boomer's Pov

I stared at the building in front of me while I sat in the driver's seat of my car. My car was turned off, and I was trying to convince myself to go inside. I've been scared of getting a tattoo, yet I've wanted one for the longest time.

My appointment time kept inching closer and closer, and when I was five minutes away from having to go in I almost canceled it. I grabbed my keys, slipping my phone into my pocket before getting out of my car. I locked the doors, before putting my keys in my hoodie pocket.

I looked at the small tattoo shop, opening the door. Once I stepped in, the whole atmosphere changed. My nerves were still there, but I felt safe. I've never had an experience where I felt safe inside of a building I've never been in. I walked over to the small desk, the older woman smiling at me as I walked up. I felt my breath get caught in my throat as I looked around.

"Hello! I'm Kim, how can I help ya'?" She smiled sweetly up at me from her desk chair.

"I have an appointment with Layne." She nodded her head with a smile, clicking around on her keyboard.

"Layne had an emergency, he had to fly out to LA to go see his son. We can have someone else do it, or you can wait for him to come back?" She stood up, stapling papers together.

"Does the other person know how to tattoo?" I joked, causing her to laugh.

"Yes, would that work for you?" She smiled, shaking her head.

"Works perfectly for me, thank you."

"You can have a seat, I'll be right back out." She pointed over to the set of chairs against the wall.

I walked over, sitting in the seat closest to the door. I looked around the building. There were countless pictures on the wall, of tattoo's of people together. I narrowed my eyes, trying to see them better from the distance I was at.

"Kim, I can't handle all of this. My Dad should've left Brady in charge!" I heard a voice exclam, causing me to look around.

"You've got this darlin', Don't stress so much, you'll do perfect, you always do." The curtain opened, and the older redhead walked out.

"What about my other clients? This is going to take me the two hours till closing." A voice from behind the curtain voiced, and I felt my hands start to sweat.

"I'll take your other clients!" An older man yelled, walking out from the curtain.

"Dylan?" The man said, causing me to stand up quickly. He looked like he could crush me in between his fingers.

"Follow me." He smiled, waving his hand.

I walked behind the curtain, and looked around at the whole new area I was just introduced into. I stopped walking, almost walking into the back of the older man.

"I'm Brady, but Hayden will be working with you today." He nodded his head over to a private room, and I nodded my head.

"Thank you." I responded, and he smiled.

"I'm Hayden! I'll be working with you today-" She turned the corner and I felt my heart stop.

Time felt like it stopped as I stared at her. From her big brown eyes, the millions of freckles that adorned her face, her dark brown hair, yet it was golden, the small tattoo's that littered the parts of her body that I could see.