Chapter 9

(Somebody To Love By Queen)

Boomer's Pov

I watched as the door to the tattoo parlor opened, and the short brunette girl ran out. She was wearing a baby blue shirt, and blue Jean shorts. She had on white and blue jordan airs to match her shirt, and her hair was down. I don't know how someone can make a tank top and shorts look so good, but she pulls it off constantly.

I stared at her, unlocking the car before she slid into the passenger seat. The gold bracelets ran down her wrists, and the necklaces adorned her neck, and the earrings hung down, dangling from her ears.

She always looks so pretty.

"You look great." I said, causing her to smile widely at me.

"Thank you." She spoke softly, putting her purse by her feet on the floor.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked her, before staring at her.

Her hair perfectly framed her face, and she smiled at me, her face lighting up with excitement.

"The high school kids are having a carnival fundraiser, I was thinking maybe we could go there for a bit, and if it's boring we can leave and do something else!" She laughed, buckling her belt.

"Sounds perfect to me."

I stared at her, and she softly smiled at me. I quickly turned to face the front, not wanting to stare at her for too long.

She makes me always want to stop and stare.
I slowly reversed, watching as a group of people stared at us from out of the door. She let out a loud laugh before we pulled onto the street.
"You can put whatever you want on." I handed her my phone, leaving it open on Spotify.

"What kind of music do you like?" She asked me, rolling down the window and sticking her hand out, running her fingers through the summer heat.

"I like everything kind of. It depends what mood I'm in." I shrugged, looking at her after we stopped at the red light.

"Well what kind of mood are you in?" She asked, staring at me, her eyes bouncing around my face.
"Whatever you want to listen to." I tapped my hand on the steering wheel, looking back at the light before it turned green.

The soft strum of the guitar sounded through my car. I listened to her hum, feeling the euphoric emotion I wasn't used to feeling.

I felt like how it felt to jump into a cold pool on a hot day. When your head gets pushed under the waters edge, and your body feels like it was brought alive.

She made me feel like I was brought alive, and it's our first date.

Maybe that's why I was so dead set on coming back. The tattoo appointments were filled with that addicting feeling, and now this car ride is full of it.

I pulled into a parking spot, making sure I had everything. I unplugged my phone, slipping it into one of my back pockets before getting out of the car.

"This looks so cool." Hayden said, her eyes dancing with excitement.

"Well then what are we waiting for!" I locked the car, speaking with a wide smile on my face.

She looked at me, almost asking me if it was okay. I smiled before her cheeks tilted up, and she smiled widely. She grabbed onto my arm, softly pulling me along as we walked.

"So, I have a few questions." She said, leaning into me as we walked by people.

"Ask anything you want."