Chapter 2

(Summertime's Close By Zach Bryan)

Hayden's Pov

"I come bearing gifts!" The front door of the tattoo shop opened causing the bell to ring.

I looked up with a soft smile on my face as my Dad walked through the shop. He handed me a styrofoam cup, and set it down on the counter in front of me.

"Hot tea, sugar, and milk, just how you like it." He kissed my forehead, before walking towards the small computer next to me.

"How many times do I have to tell your brother to stop calling and making appointments when he can walk in." He grumbled, clicking buttons on the keyboard.

"You're going to have to tell him more, he doesn't like to listen." I smiled, looking up at my Dad.

"I'm gonna go turn the AC on, this June heat is starting to get bad." He walked toward the back, where the AC unit was, as I tied the bandana around my head, making sure my hair was out of my face.

I rotated the bracelets around my wrists, and fiddled with my necklace as I watched the sun rise slowly. I walked outside of the tattoo shop and leaned against the wall. The warm breeze felt amazing, and being outside in nature felt amazing. I felt like I could finally breathe again.

The golden sun illuminated my tan skin, as I sipped my drink. I took my phone out of my pocket, taking a picture of the sunrise as the door opened. My Dad walked out, leaning against the wall next to me.

"Summer is my favorite season." He said, staring out at the sky.

"Mine too." I responded, feeling the heat of the sun starting to heat my body up.

"Are you ready to start the day?" He looked down at me with a cheeky smile as another car pulled up.

"As I'll ever be." We walked into the tattoo shop, smiles on our faces.

I went over to my station and started getting it cleaned and ready. I turned on the music for my section, which was whatever they had on the radio. I knew I would end up switching it eventually, but right down i was too lazy to connect my phone.

"Hey Chick!" Brady walked by, going to his station which was the only one next to mine.

My dad was on the other side, training someone, but normally he would be in the private back room, working on big pieces that take hours.

"Hey! How are you?" I asked, a smile on my face as I spun the chair to face him.

"As good as I can be. I haven't had my coffee." He grumbled, sitting down in his little spin chair, and getting his area ready.

"You're in luck. Dad went on a coffee run." I stood up and walked over to the desk grabbing the other cup.

"Thanks darlin'. You know your father got lucky with you, not so much your brother, he's a nutcase." He joked with a wide smile on his face as he took the coffee from my hands.

"Maybe if he didn't have something attached to him every other day, he would be a lot more sane." I looked at the booking sheet laid on my little table.

"I'm free for another half an hour-" The bell rang, and I picked my head up.

"Never mind, I'll be desk duty while we wait for Kim to show up." I huffed, standing up from my seat.

I walked over to the desk, my baggy overalls, and my white t-shirt fell loosely on my body. I went behind the desk, logging into everything as the male walked over.