Chapter 7

(Tourniquet By Zach Bryan)

Boomer's Pov

xxx-xxx-xxxx

This is Hayden!
I'm just confirming your appointment for today!

Yes thank you!
I'll be there

Great!
See you then!
Have a safe drive over.

Thank you.
See you soon!

"You alright?" Selina asked, as I looked around my room.

I had to start getting ready soon, and I really was excited. I was bouncing off of the walls, not only because my tattoo was getting finished, but I got to see the girl that's been controlling my thoughts for the past two days.

"You gotta leave soon. Stop daydreaming." Selina snorted, before muting. I assume that she's talking to her chat.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, grabbing my keys before slowly walking through my house.

"Selina's chat! Selina is being an asshole, therefore I think we should stage an unfollowing." I spoke through my phone, before I heard her scream as she unmuted.

"Fuck you, Boomer. That's why- you know what, I won't say that on stream because I have respect. Have fun at your tattoo appointment, let me know how it goes." She rambled out, once I got to my car.

"You know what I mean by that!" She quickly hung up before I could get a word out.

I started my car, pulling out of the spot I was parked in before starting my drive to the tattoo parlor. I nodded my head to the music that was playing as I drove.

I couldn't help but feel the excitement inside of me. I've never been this excited for something before, but one smile from her, one tattoo and I'm sucked in deep. I don't know what force was pushing us together, or if there was even a force pushing us together. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

I tapped my steering wheel as I drove. I was too excited. I didn't want to get my hopes up. What if her dad was back? Would he finish my tattoo?

And why do I even care?

When I pulled into the parking lot, I felt all of my excitement suddenly turn into nerves. I thought I was over the nerves from the first time I got a tattoo. But then again, maybe this wasn't nerves for getting the tattoo, maybe it was the nerves of seeing her again.

I slowly got out of the car, shutting the door before walking into the shop. The energy was different today. There was more of a happy feeling through the building, everyone seemed to have smiles on their face, people were laughing.

But what changed?

"Hey honey! Hayden will be right out!" The front desk woman, Kim, called out to me.

I nodded my head, and sat down in the same chair that I sat down while I waited for her the first time. Kim stared at me for a couple seconds before pulling her eyes back to her computer.
That's weird.

The curtain opened and stepping through it was Hayden. She was wearing a black graphic t-shirt, with black jean shorts on, with converse. Her hair was half up, and half down. She had bracelets littering her hands, and no necklaces today.

"Dylan! You can follow me!" She waved her hand with a bright smile on her face.

I stood up quickly, following her. She brought me to the back room. I waved to Brady as we walked by, who waved and smiled at me. I sat down in the chair that I normally sat in.