(24) Jealousy

the store was less crowded than i thought it'd be. all the shelves were neatly stocked, or at least all that i could see. he stood aside me, looking through shirts as i waited for him to pick one out. my gaze averted to the rack in front of me, t-shirts and polos—not even close to my size. plus, the colors weren't appealing to my eye. i still went through them anyways, just to distract myself. XS green crewneck.. XXS purple v-neck... XL black crewneck.. oh, that one's not all that bad. still not my size though. i felt a tug on my sleeve, and i tilted my head to see the cause. to little surprise, it was just him. he had a white tee in hand, i guess that's what he picked out.

after a short while of browsing, i managed to find some socks and a shirt of my own. he found pants and the shirt from prior, all adding up to about $35 USD. we stood in line for checkout, and the woman who scanned our items had him pass her the cash.. because, well.. no credit/debit card to scan. she counted the cash, passing him back a few bucks for change—but something really just pissed me off within the interaction. their hands brushed when she handed him the money, and she basically just held onto his fingers for a second. i don't think thats allowed for a few reasons—but i wouldn't know for sure. she looked at him for too long afterwards, blinking slowly. i would do anything to wipe that flirty grin off of her face, but i have self control, so that really wasn't going to happen. i don't need to be banned from the only store we shop at. she bagged our items, and wrote something on the receipt. normally the customers would, signatures. but no, she did. i took the receipt and he grabbed the bag—on the way out, i opened the receipt and read what was written on the paper. a phone number, i'm not surprised. i crumpled the sheet between my fingers and threw the receipt in a garbage bin by the entrance, and i swear i saw her look at me when i did.