(14) Uncover

i sighed lightly, and i patted his head - tussling his hair. his warm blonde hair was so soft, not knotted and well kept despite the fact i haven't seen him take care of it much. he closed his eyes and a soft grunt of contentment escaped his mouth as i played with his hair. he leaned into my touch slightly, and my fingers lightly brushed the back of his neck - his skin warm and soft.

[Slight NSFW? there's vulgar words and whatnot, conversing about finding erotica—though no real intercourse/sexual action]

today he had to work, back off at his lawn mowing job where he works so hard for barely anything. its a shame, really. he comes home with an aching back and burning muscles just for four dollars an hour working. im home alone, picking up laundry thats probably weeks old off of the floor - and throwing it into a pile to send to the cleaners. i went to make the bed, the ruffled sheets bothering me slightly so i felt it'd be better to just fix them. i walked over to his side of the bed to straighten the comforter, and peering out beneath the mattress was a flip of paper. it had a pink cover, and i grabbed it - sliding it out from beneath the mattress. it was a magazine, about fifteen pages thick - the cover shiny for marketing. the title was kind of smudged, or scratched off from the bed being pushed against it - fading the words. but i could kind of make out a figure, a person of some sorts. i couldn't really see the rest. i flipped open the first page, reading the inside cover. but instead of finding an article, or a crossword like a normal magazine - not even an advertisement. on the inside was pictures, all pictures - the occasional heading or small text for credit. my eyes widened as i read through, each page had two or three pictures of sheer erotica. i didn't expect this at all. some were women, whores with their tits out and mouth open - or even some pages had men, sweaty hair and hickeys on their necks. the more i looked through, the more i saw. a woman with her hands bound to what seemed to be a chair in a lewd pose - another woman, throat deep in a man. a guy, half naked with an out of the picture dick partially in his ass. this was the last thing i would have thought he had.. where did he get this? why does he have it? my mind wandered all over the place when i turned the pages. i couldn't say i was disgusted, but certainly i was surprised. i crammed the paper back under the mattress and fixed the sheets. when i finished tidying up, i sat down on the bed and just stared at the far wall while my mind went rogue. its not like i could just forget what i had found, and to be honest - i don't know if i want to forget. part of me wanted to talk to him about it, the other part of me wanted to save him the embarrassment. out of all people, i didn't expect him to be someone to own such a thing. of course, it wasn't that unexpected—not after what we've done. is this why he knew what to do? was this his source of information? did i encourage this? i snapped out of my thoughts when the front door opened.