(21) Drained

i slightly tightened my grasp on him, it felt as if he was the only thing real at the moment. the only thing that could be somewhat okay in this mess—in response, he gave me a light squeeze for a moment. why was breathing so hard? it felt like my lungs were twisted and misshapen, my breath growing short and soon—i couldn't breathe at all. that only worsened what was going on, because holy hell—i couldn't even breathe. i tried inhaling, but my breath felt stuck. exhaling failed miserably too, my breath just didn't come out at all for that attempt. it made my chest tighten, my stomach felt like it was in knots. i held onto him desperately, and i managed to gasp - a breath i needed more than i would have thought, it hurt—but it was better than not breathing. my fingers clasped his shirt, the fabric loose beneath my hands. the only sound i could make was a light wail when i exhaled, and i really couldn't prevent doing it regardless. my hair was sticking to my face from the moisture of my tears, and my throat felt like it was closing. why was this happening to me? what did i do?

what was this feeling?

this carried on for what felt like ages, too long for my sake. and just like in my dream.. my vision grew unreliable and blurry—not really helping the fact i could only make out vague shadows. the exhaustion and stress finally caught up to me, and my sight went dark entirely. i think i blacked out, but i don't know for sure—all i really *do know is that after that moment, i stopped feeling anything. even him. that was my indicator that i was no longer awake.