Chapter 51 - Comico Match

Beginne am Anfang

"...Um?" She lifted up the bridge of her glasses and stood up from her chair. "What an unexpected meeting, boy. I'd never guess that we would meet again in a place like this. Oh, I see that everyone's here too. Nice to meet you all, I guess?"

Nia glanced towards everyone all lined up in a row behind Lucas. Tohka, Origami, Kaguya, and Natsumi put on their guards. Shidou, Yoshino and Yuzuru bowed a little, while Kotori folded her arms and glanced back at Nia as the finishing blow.

Only Miku placed her hand on her chin as her eyes seemed to sparkle.

"I see, I see... A slender girl with glasses, but also considerably beautiful... I've never seen this type up until now~"

For some reason, when she said that, Natsumi put some extra distance between her and Miku.

"...Then why are you here? Well, you're free to come to Comico I guess, but... general participants are only allowed in at 10:00 a.m., you know?"

Nia shrugged her shoulders in response.

Kotori unfolded her arms while replying back to Nia.

"Thank you for the advice. However, we're not general participants."

Then she slowly lifted up her right hand and pointed to the space next to Nia's. Nia followed Kotori's fingertips and looked puzzled.

"Fuun...? Aah, I see."

Nia let out a small sigh, and then took out the hall's guide map placed on the desk.

"I thought it was odd. According to the map, there shouldn't be a booth here, but then I see that there is one when I got here. I thought that the management might've made a mistake, but... I see this is your doing."

"Well... That's it."

As Lucas answered her, Nia made an unpleasant expression towards him and the others. It clearly showed that she thought that this situation was amusing.

"...Anyhow, you brought a lot of people."

"Ara, don't you also have plenty of people?"

"Aah, everyone is working part-time. Aren't employees great? They'll work as much as you pay them, so it's an easy relationship to understand."

When they heard Nia's words, Lucas and Kotori bit their lips a little---Takajou's words were ringing inside their minds from yesterday's conversation.

"So? It's alright if you participate, but what are you selling? You look like you're a little empty-handed."

"Yes."

Then, Kotori snapped her fingers.

As if responding to it, three men came out from the worker's room. They rolled down a cart that was fully loaded with cardboard boxes.

Looking at them carefully, they were Fraxinus' crew members Nakatsugawa, Kawagoe and Mikimoto.

"We're delivering Circle-Ratatoskr's items!"

"Thank you. Please stack them up in that booth."

"Yes!"

They piled up the cardboard boxes inside the circle's booth. There were ten boxes in total. That's right, the same number of boxes that Nia had piled up behind her booth.

"Five-hundred volumes inside each box... It's the same number as yours, right Nia?"

"... Hee? You're well prepared, huh? You'll sell them faster than me... That's what you wanted to say, right? You sure thought about it. Nevertheless, you definitely have a better business mindset than me."