CHAPTER - 23

Arjun

I was sitting near the window, looking at the moon. This was her favorite place. Most of the times I always found her sitting here. I never ever thought that I was going to fall for someone whom I hated or tried to hate.

She was right when she said 'When karma hits, it hits very hard'.

I hated her, when she loved.

I love her, now she hates me.

You made her! My subconscious decided to show me the mirror of reality.

I looked at the sweater she knit for me. She gave it on my birthday but I threw it saying 'I'm not having such a low standard'. I regret saying all those things to her. I really do.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door, I looked there and found my father standing and I immediately stood up. He politely asked.

"Can I come in?".

"sure, why are you asking?".

He came in and stood next to me and said.

"Sit down". I obeyed what he said. I sat on the bed and he sat beside me.

He was quite for a few minutes and then he asked.

"What did she say?".

I replied.

"She said 'Leave me' ".

Again the silence took over and we sat without saying anything. After a few minutes he again started speaking and I listened to him.

"Whenever I look at you.....I always remember the old 'me' ". I looked at him and he continued.

"I was just like you. Though I was from a middle class family, unlike you who was born with a silver spoon. You are just a carbon copy of me..... In short a jerk". I scoffed at that and replied.

"You were like me? How come that's possible? You're hundred times better than me". He smiled and answered.

"That was after she came in my life. Your mom. The moment I saw her for the first time I had an immediate dislike. She was from a rich family and I always thought of her as a spoilt brat but no....she was different.

When we got married. I always wanted her to prove my point that she's someone I don't deserve but....I was wrong. Everytime I hurt her she forgave me. That's how she was and she won my heart for that and I fell for her so hard. I decided to repent and rectify my actions.
Though I knew I won't be able to change those hurtful memories but I decided make beautiful ones and never let her get even a glimpse of the hurtful past. But then you were born and she left us forever though I know she might be listening sitting here only. I know, her soul is always with me".

I was stunned hearing him.

"But then how should I rectify my actions?". I asked.

"Before answering that did you notice any change in yourself, Arjun?". He asked and I started thinking.

Yes there are many.

He started saying.

"You stopped drinking, smoking, you started being more human. You have became calm, you're not restless anymore. You think before you speak, you started praying, you have started apologizing, and many more things. Priya has changed you in someone you never thought yourself to be".

He was right.

Every damn word was right!

I hated people who were nice, because I thought they are just acting and would backstab you at the end.

"and I know she will forgive you but....I don't know if she'll give you a chance once again or not".

I looked down.

"What should I do?". I whispered.

"Seek it". He said as he kept his hand on my shoulder and left.

I sighed and got up and decided to take a quick shower. I went in the bathroom and came out after having a quick bath and changing into a new pair of clothes.

I wore the sweater she knit for me.

Some files were kept on the bed and I decided to keep it in the cupboard. I opened it and suddenly a file fell on the floor. I picked it up and checked it.

It was her medical report.

I wanted to scream right now!

She...she would be suffering so much because of her disease.

What have I done!?

I should go to her! I should talk to her. There must be a way out of this. There has to be!

She must be in the hospital Taking care of her mother.

I quickly picked up my car keys and hurriedly ran towards my car. I quickly sat inside and drove off to the hospital. I know I've done very wrong to her but I'm ready to rectify my actions.

I will ask her to forgive me.

I reached the hospital and quickly came out of the car and ran inside. I went towards the floor where her mom was. Once I reached I stood outside the door for a few seconds before entering.

I open the door quietly and looked inside but there was no sign of her but her mother was peacefuly sleeping. Where she might be?

I came inside and looked around and so one. I noticed that the sunlight was irritating her so I decided to pull the curtains. I went near the window and was about to close the curtains but halted there only.

Priya?

She was sitting on a bench with a guy talking to him. They both were smiling looking at each other. Is she really moved on from everything? I felt anger rush through my veins. I turned around as I didn't wanted my anger to control me once again.

My anger is the reason why we were never in good terms. I won't come to any stupid conclusion without any acknowledgement.

I want to talk to her.