CHAPTER - 7

6 months later

A  peaceful garden setting, with birds chirping and sunlight streaming through the trees. In a world consumed by darkness, where violence often prevails, a single act of compassion can change everything.

He was standing near a tree, wearing a dark, intense expression. He clutches a knife tightly in his hand.

Sounds of heavy breathing and suspense creates an intense atmosphere.

"Oh, please...someone help me!." The boy cried for help as everyone watched him helplessly.

In the face of impending danger, sometimes all it takes is one person stepping up to change the course of fate. With a sinister smile on his face. The atmosphere is tense and suspenseful.

The menacing man, holding a knife, slowly approaches him.

This young boy's life hangs in the balance, trapped in a dangerous situation where survival seems impossible.

"Sahil! Don't! please...leave me!". As the menacing man raises the knife, then suddenly a girl passes him bumping into him. She stumbles briefly but quickly recovers, her eyes fixated on the unfolding scene.

Jise zindagi dhund rahi hai
Kya ye woh mukaam mera hai
Yahan chain se bus ruk jaaoon
Kyu dil ye mujhe kehta hai

The menacing man freezes, caught off guard by the girl's interruption. He looks at her with a mix of surprise and annoyance as she moved towards the boy and helped him to stand.

Jazbaat nae se milee hain
Jaane kya asar ye hua hai
Ik aas milee phir mujko
Jo qubool kisi ne kiya hai

The girl takes a step forward, boldly standing between the menacing man and the young boy. She took him from there passing by the man's sight not caring if he's staring into her soul.

"Are you ok?". She asked as he nodded.

"You're badly injured let me take you to hospital".

"No didi. I'm fine".

"No you're not". She said and took him to the hospital.

The auto made it's way towards the hospital as he still looked surprised and kept looking towards the direction where she went.

He just shook his head and went to the other direction.

She went inside the hospital taking the boy and got him there on time. She sighed relief and made her way outside after paying the bill.

She was walking to her apartment where she lives with Aditi but stopped when she saw a small girl sitting near the footpath reading a book.

"It's going to rain. Why she's still sitting there?". She whispered and went near that girl.

"Hey! It's going to rain why don't you go home?".

She looked up and said.

"I don't want to".

"Wait why?". She asked.

She looked down which made her confused.

"Tell me".

"Baba will not let me study at home".  Her smile faded as she kneeled down till her level. She remembered herself as she saw her.

I sat on the floor of the bathroom and switched on the lights. I opened my maths book but everything was going above my head.

Yesterday was my birthday and only mummy wished me and my friends at school and no one else. I didn't even cut the cake again this year.

I again heard the yelling.

"Where did you sent you're daughter? Huh? You're also sending her out to find men like you?".

I shut my eyes close.

"I'm talking to you!".

I didn't heard my Mumma.

She must be ignoring him.

"I saw you flirting with men! What were you trying to do? Huh? You always go out ready to spread you're legs infront of anyone!".

She snapped back from her memories and asked the little girl after wiping her tears.

"Mumma said go out and study. Papa was fighting with her". She caressed her cheek and said.

"It's not safe here, go near you're house and study". She nodded and went near her house.

She sighed and got up and went to her friend's apartment.

She walked to the apartment and when she reached she entered the room after taking off her shoes and keeping them to the side.

She removed her scarf and kept it on her bed. She sat down near the edge of the bed and took off her socks and bag. She looked towards some papers that were fallen on the floor.

"What is this!? Huh!? Why are they torn?". Sir yelled at me and the students sitting back laughed silently.

I clenched my left fist and instantly regretted as it pained.

"You can't even do one assignment properly. What are you going to do in you're life".

"Sir..it won't happen again". I whispered.

"It won't happen? How many times have you said the same thing? Huh? This year you have to give your boards and I expect you to study so that you can atleast pass". The whole class laughed as I shut my eyes close looking down.

"Sit!".

"But sir her han---". I interrupted Jiya.

"Don't! I don't want to embarrass my self even more".

She looked over to her left palm.

She still remembers that how she tried to save her mother from her father's beating but accidentally got hit on her palm with a rod causing her soft skin to tear apart.

She still remembers how she tried to suppress her scream from the pain of stitching so that her mother won't feel bad.

She still remembers how Arjun told everyone that she's just trying to seek attention and get rest from study.

She looked towards the door and saw her enter. She got up and moved towards her with a smile.

"How was you're day?".

"Fine priya. My boss is really nice".

"Is it?". She nodded.

"Well, did you got the job?". She shook her head as no.

"I don't know what's wrong with people nowadays they don't see the talent in people. You are so good at singing". She shook her head.

"Maybe they thought I wasn't capable of it".

"It's ok priya. You'll get another one".

She smiled sadly.

"And I don't think till then I'll be in this world".