CHAPTER - 20

Priya

I looked at Sahil as he stood away from me. We were inside this hospital and I don't know why we are here. Suddenly Kunal came and he straight away went to Sahil.

He looked at me while whispering something in Sahil's ear. He nodded and he stood straight from his leaned frame and I looked at them as they came forward.

"Come Priya". Kunal said and I got up confused and asked.

"Why?".

"Don't ask much". He said and they started walking ahead as I walked behind them.

We stood in front of a room as Sahil opened the door. I walked in and the moment my eyes fell on the bed where a woman was sitting and crying.

My steps halted as I stood frozen on my spot.

"Mumma?". I whispered.

"Leave me! ". She yelled as I suddenly got the strength to run towards her and I sat beside her.

"Mumma? Mumma? Look it's me! Priya". I said as she was still shivering.

"Priya?". She smiled for a moment then her smile faded.

"Priya! He...he will kill you. Go run!". Who is she talking about? Arjun? or Sahil? I thought as she continued saying.

"He beats me alot! Alot! Here, here, here, here, here, here". She pointed towards her cheek, her hands, he legs, her stomach, her scalp and screamed.

"EVERYWHERE!!!!". I hugged her to calm her down.

What happened to her?

She was not like this. She kept her pain inside her then what happened to her suddenly? And why she's in the hospital. I cried as she cried on my shoulder and I tried to control my sobs.

"it's OK, now I'm here. Everything will be fine".

"It won't! He will kill me!".

"No he won't! I won't let him".

After a while she calmed down as she slept in my arms. I layed her on the bed as I looked at Sahil and asked.

"What happened? She wasn't like this". I asked him.

He sighed as he started saying.

"When I kidnapped her she was under that moron's roof. I guess he tried doing things with her but she successfully ran away but when she reached your father's place. He abused her brutally. He used a leather belt to beat her and then he was hitting her with a rod and he also hit her on her head. That was the reason she's like this now".

Belt? Rod?

How cruel he can be.

"How do you know all this?". I asked as my gaze was on my mom.

"The doctor told me about her condition and the rest you know".

I can't think straight! Enough! I had enough of everyone.