Chapter 50 - 2.5 Dimensional

Start from the beginning

"Well, although it's good for you to be on such good terms, we can do this afterwards. Right now what's important is figuring out how to capture Nia."

Once Kotori said that, everyone returned to the round table and thought deeply.

A moment later, Yoshino raised her hand slowly.

"Uhm... Is it alright?"

"Yes, of course."

"That's... Perhaps, the way to befriend Nia is to give her more time, I think. If we face her directly, I think she will be able to understand Lucas..."

Kotori groaned while placing her hand on her chin and considering Yoshino's suggestion.

"Maybe... That's the more proper method. Even if she only loves 2D beings, if we continuously approach her sincerely, the potential of her opening her heart isn't zero. After all, Lucas did manage to get something, although still minimal."

"Then, the plan shifts to a long term approach?" Lucas asked in response to Kotori.

"The worst is that there's no other way to do it... That will be our last resort. While we do have to do this carefully, if DEM catches whiff of her whereabouts again, then there's no guarantee she'll be safe. We can't do it too slowly."

"I-I'm sorry..."

After Kotori said that, Yoshino bowed while apologizing. Kotori shook her head side to side.

"There's no need to apologize. Honestly, I also want to go that route... If she just took a careful look, I think she would realize that Lucas can easily beat those manga characters." Kotori said that while averting her gaze away a little, and stirred her Chupa-Chups stick.

"Was that supposed to be a compliment..?" Lucas muttered.

"Muu..Why can Nia only love 2D?"

"That's..."

Although Tohka asked such a simple question, Lucas couldn't answer it.
Surely, that's the root of this problem. Why can't Nia love anything but 2D... why can't she love a 3D human being.
Although Lucas asked her directly for the reason, Nia herself couldn't answer.

Kotori also thought about the question. While placing her hand on her chin, she replied.

"I'm also a bit curious... I'll do some investigation."

"Investigation?"

"Ten years ago Nia was already a manga artist. Regardless of whether she was a real human or a Spirit, she must have left some traces of her past in this world. That will be our clue."

"I see..."

Lucas folded his arms while considering that. Kotori had a point, for sure.

"Although... It's not like we're guaranteed to find something that'll help us. We should still think up a plan just in case."
After that, someone responded to Kotori's words. It was Natsumi, who was sitting right next to Yoshino, that let out a small voice.

"...If that's the case, isn't it better to just follow the person's preference? But that's the original problem, isn't it?"

"Even if that's true... Both the heroic showoff and the game ended up in failure you know. Even though crossdressing worked on a certain someone back then..." Kotori said as she turned to look at Miku. Miku noticed her gaze and threw a kiss to Kotori in response. Kotori let out a sigh and resumed her thought.

"...The problem is, Lucas can't cross the dimensional barrier. Or perhaps we should use a road roller or something to flatten him?"

"Hey..." Lucas started sweating at that suggestion, while Natsumi raised a finger in response to Kotori.