CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: A FUNERAL AND A PAGEANT PART ONE

Episode seventeen: Let the Right One In (part three)

Episode eighteen: Under Control

Episode nineteen: Miss Mystic Falls (part one)

The party is in full swing. And by that, I mean that Vicki's funeral is in full swing. Everyone is mingling and drinking, an appropriate amount mind you. Theo and Aurelia are conversing in a corner somewhere.

"No, Theo, I will not make out with you right now." Aurelia purses her lips in annoyance at Theo's seductive words about taking her against the wall if the gentlemen across the way doesn't stop his staring.

"Just a kiss then."

"No,"

"You're being stubborn." Theo sings.

"You're being stubborn." Aurelia retorts.

"Oh real mature. You come up with that comeback yourself?" Theo jests, with a teasing smirk plastered on his face. Aurelia rolls her eyes in response, not bothering to humor him with a reply.

Stefan briskly walks by them whilst downing the rest of his drink in one go.

"Someone's got their panties in a twist." Theo drawls out, judgingly.

"Something must be wrong." Aurelia says, moving to follow Stefan before Theo stops her.

"Andddd where do you think you're going then?" Theo asks her.

"To see what's wrong." Aurelia answers

"You could've just asked me if you really want to know."

"And how do you know?" Aurelia inquires, confused.

"Damon might have mentioned that Stefan's having an issue with his blood lust after Elena fed him her blood a couple nights ago." Theo explains. "Another reason I don't want you to follow him."

"I can protect myself." Aurelia defends.

"I know that. But your friendship with the potential attacker complicates the situation. Are you willing to hurt Stefan?" Theo asks after satiating her defensive nature.

"If absolutely necessary... yes, yes I would." Aurelia replies hesitantly.

"Exactly. It'd be your last resort. Meanwhile, whilst you try everything in your power to not to hurt him, he's already got his teeth in you. See my point?" Theo paints the picture, proving his point.

"I guess." Aurelia concedes.

"So please, just let Damon and Elena handle it." Theo pleads.

"Elena?" Aurelia questions.

"She's determined to help Stefan." Theo tells her.

"She could get hurt."Aurelia states offhandedly.

"You care?" Theo asks incredulously.

"No." Aurelia sighs.

"Exactly. She's dispensable." Theo states casually.

"But she's Caroline's friend." Aurelia weakly argues.

"A shitty one." Theo counters. Aurelia just sighs, not able to argue with that.

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

Theo and Aurelia take a stroll around the mansion. They walk out onto the balcony right as Damon throws John's body over the ledge. Aurelia's eyes widened, mouth open in shock, not expecting it. Theo looks slightly impressed and amused by Damon's audacity to murder someone at a funeral. They both glance at each other before turning around and heading back inside before Damon spots them.