CHAPTER SIX: BOWLING

Original chapter

The following evening comes around and the grumpy sunshine couple arrive at the bowling alley.

"Alright, what's the plan?" Theo asks in regards to Damon using Caroline.

"I make a deal with Damon.-"

"That sounds like an awful idea."

"Will you let me finish?" Aurelia asks, annoyed. Theo just grumbles in response. "We make a deal with Damon. If I win bowling, he lets Caroline go."

"Oh well. That sounds like... the stupidest plan you've ever come up with. "

"No it's not."

"It's pretty high up there," Theo retorts. "what happens if he wins?"

"He won't."

"And if neither of you wins?" Theo challenges her.

"Are you doubting my capabilities, my love?" Aurelia challenges him.

"I would never," Theo answers.

"Good answer," Aurelia tells him.

"Yeah, I thought so too." Theo responds. Theo puts the car in park and gets out of the car. He speeds over to other side of the car to open the door for Aurelia.

"Why, thank you, my lord."

"It's my pleasure, my lady." Theo helps Aurelia out of the car. As they get out of the car, they spot Stefan and Elena.

"Hey Stefan, Elena."

"Aurelia, Theo. good to see you both." Stefan greets cordially

"Really because it looks like you'd rather be anywhere but here with us." Theo retorts.

"Theo..." Aurelia scolds.

"It's not you it's-" Stefan begins.

"Looks like we're late to the party." Damon says as he and Caroline approach. Caroline once again wearing a new scarf.

"Damon." Stefan greets

"Stefan." Damon acknowledges. "Sunshine and Demon. Good to see you both were able to make it."

"Don't call her/him that." Aurelia and Theodore respond.

"Why don't we all go in." Elena suggests seeing the rising tension within the group.

───────ೋღ 🦇 ღೋ───────

Damon pays for the lane, saying how the date was his idea in the first place. After getting to the lane everyone sits down next to their respective partners.

"How are we doing this? Teams or no?"

"No teams. Every man for himself." Aurelia immediately answers. Her face showed not a hint of joking. Shocking everyone except Theo and Caroline.

"Oh?" Damon responds.

"She gets competitive." Caroline explains

"That's the understatement of the century." Theo quips as he sets up the game. They took turns going up to pick out a ball. Stefan and Aurelia go up to grab a ball first.

"You bowl before?" Aurelia asks scoping out her competition. She picks up a light blue bowling ball testing it's weight before putting it down.

"Uh yeah, I have." Stefan answers. Aurelia only hums in response. She picks out a purple colored bowling ball

"May the best woman win." She tells Stefan. He chuckles as she walks away, back to where Theo was seated. Stefan can't help but watch her walk away before snapping out of it before anyone notices. Damon does though.