CHAPTER FOURTEEN: AWKWARD TRIPLE DATE PART TWO

Episode sixteen: There Goes the Neighborhood

"Well, At least they're having fun," Caroline comments. The six of them surround a pool table. Theo has his chest to Aurelia's back as he shows her how to play the game. His lips are by her ear, his breath tickling her neck as he whispers instructions and the occasional dirty comment. Aurelia leans forward to take her shot.

"If the grill wasn't filled with people, I swear I'd bend you over this pool table right now for a different reason." Theo whispers the dirty remark in her ear, his lips brushing the shell of her ear as he talks. Aurelia holds her breath as he speaks. She bites her lip. The sigh falling from her lips did not go unnoticed by her lover. He smirks when he hears the sound. He says this right as she takes her shot and because of her falter in focus, she misses her shot...by a lot. And by a lot I mean the cue ball is now on the floor after bouncing off the table. The strength of Aurelia's shot had been exaggerated in her reaction to her lover's comment. Stefan tries to ignore the interaction to the best of his ability and pretends to have not heard them.

"They're drunk," Elena says.

"Thank you, captain obvious." Theo deadpans.

"Remember when Elena's parents busted us here after homecoming?" Matt asks.

"Oh my god, yes!" Caroline exclaims, laughing.

"We were wasted," Elena adds.

"It was the first time Aurelia had ever got drunk," Caroline giggles at the memory.

"I blame Matt," Aurelia states.

"Elena's parents got seated at the next booth," Matt explains. Stefan can be seen smiling at them as they reminisce.

"Oh, Matt had me pretend I was choking so he would get away," Elena says, laughing.

"Except her dad was a doctor so, he jumped up to save her," Matt continues.

"And I ran and slipped on the wet floor and bit it. In front of everyone, do you remember that?" Elena asks Matt. Caroline looks annoyed. Aurelia notices and squeezes her hand in reassurance that she's not alone.

"For a second there, I almost forgot it was the Elena show...till she made it about herself," Theo whispers to Caroline and Aurelia as he leans his head down between the two of theirs.

"Again," Aurelia adds. Caroline just remains silent as she continues to watch the exchange. Theo and Aureila share a concerned glance.

"Three stitches, a hangover for days, and I was grounded from seeing this one for a week," Elena looks towards Matt as she finishes the story. Matt smiles at Elena, eyes only on her for the whole story. Caroline forces a smile but no one notices but the two soulmates standing next to her.

"Well, I'm gonna go to the restroom," Caroline announces.

"Oh, do you want me to go with you?" Aurelia asks her.

"No, I'll be quick," Caroline answers.

"If you're sure," Aurelia replies skeptically.

"Elena?" Caroline says as she walks away. Elena follows her to the bathroom.

Aurelia watches Caroline walk to the bathroom with Elena in concern while Theo does his best to reassure her. He kisses the side of her head as he wraps an arm around her shoulders. He hugs her close as she leans back into him.

"You're turn, Stefan," Theo says, grabbing Stefan's attention. Stefan moves to make his shot, getting a ball he was aiming for into one of the pockets.

"Is there anything you're not good at?" Matt asks Stefan.