CHAPTER THREE: CAROLINE'S NEW BEAU

Episode two: The Night of the Comet (Part 1)

By the time morning came, Caroline was in much better spirits. Why? Aurelia didn't get the chance to ask. She offered to join Bonnie and Caroline at the grill last night but Caroline saw how shaken up she was and thought it was best that Theo drove her home instead. Theo had stayed late that night until her mom got home so that she wouldn't be home alone. They cuddled until they heard her mom's car pull in the driveway. Theo greeted Liz as he walked down the stairs and made sure to mention what happened that night to her in case she hadn't already heard before leaving. Liz had always had mixed feelings about the boy. On the one hand he is dating her little girl but on the other they seem so right with each other and he treats her like a queen. Not to mention, Caroline approves so that certainly helps.

─────────ೋღ 🦇 ღೋ─────────

The four girls sat at a table at the grill talking about Elena and Stefan when Bonnie mentions something her grams said.

"Well, I was talking to grams and she said the comet was a sign of impending doom." Bonnie tells them. "Last time it passed over mystic falls there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage that it created a bed of paranormal activity."

"Mm, yeah, and then you poured grams another shot and she told you about the aliens." Caroline says not believing in grams warning. Unlike her sister, who took it to heart and made note to ask Theo if he knows anything about the comet.

"Don't be rude, Caroline." Aurelia scolds

"What? You seriously believe all that?" Caroline defends herself.

"No," Aurelia lies, "but there is no need to make fun." Bonnie gives her an appreciative glance.

"Anyway, back to Elena. So... then what?" Caroline changes the subject.

"So, then nothing." Elena responds.

"You and Stefan talked all night? There was no sloppy first kiss or touchy feely of any kind?" Caroline inquires.

"Nope, we didn't go there." Elena answers.

"Not even a handshake? Is Relia the only one of us getting any action? I mean Elena, we are your friends, okay? You are supposed to share the smut," Caroline states.

"We just talked for hours," Elena says.

"Okay what is with the blockage? Just jump his bones already. Okay? It's easy. Boy likes girl, girl likes boy, sex."

"Profound" Elena remarks.

"Yes, Caroline, how insightful of you." Aurelia teases. Elena looks thoughtful before she begins to pack up her things.

"Where are you going?" Bonnie asks.

"Caroline's right. It is easy," Elena states. Caroline looks at Bonnie and Aurelia smugly. "If I sit here long enough I'll end up talking myself out of it instead of doing what I started the day saying I was gonna do."

"Good luck!" Aurelia calls out as she walks away.

─────────ೋღ 🦇 ღೋ─────────

Aurelia fastens her pace of her walk at the sight of Bonnie and Elena.

"... Stefan is a big part of that." she hears Elena say as she approaches them.

"Hey, guys," Aurelia greets.

"Hey Aurelia." 

"Hey Lia."  Elena and Bonnie greet her back respectively.