CHAPTER SIXTEEN: PEST PROBLEM PART TWO

Episode seventeen: Let the Right One In (Part two)

Caroline is still driving as Aurelia doesn't like to drive. She does have her license though. She just barely manages to avoid driving as she is nearly always in the presence of either Theo or Caroline, both of whom drive. Aurelia is midway through reading the second book to A Court of Thorn and Roses series as Caroline decides to call Matt.

"Storm washed out Route 5," Caroline tells Matt. "Now, I'm detoured on some random backwoods path to hell."

Aurelia tunes out the rest of the conversation as she can only hear one side of it. She's absorbed in her book but can faintly hear Caroine hang up the phone. Caroline goes to turn the car around only for the tire to get stuck in the mud.

"Ohh, shit," Caroline mutters. She opens the door slightly to see the problem. She revs the engine once more but to no avail. She closes the door.

"Seriously?" Caroline mumbles. She checks her phone for a signal to find none. "Aurelia."

"Hmm?"

"We're stuck." Caroline tells her. Aurelia looks up from her book.

"Well, shit." she responds.

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

Damon and Theo are waiting by the front door for Alaric. Alaric opens the door and asks the woman to invite Damon in. She says she's not allowed. Damon motions for Alaric to hand the woman over, telling him to get her out of the house.

"Are you married?" Damon asks her.

"No," she responds.

"Parents, kids, anyone else who lives on this property?" Damon pries.

"No," The woman responds once more.

"No? Good." Damon responds before then handing her over to Theo.

"Miss.Gibbons, you've been incredibly helpful." Theo tells her. As she turns to look at Theo, he snaps her neck, killing her. Damon and Theo walk inside. Alaric looks to see what happened to the woman only to see her dead body.

"You were supposed to compel her!" Alaric exclaims.

"It doesn't work that way. Besides, Theo killed her, not me." Damon responds.

"She's human," Alaric argues to Theo.

"Your tone implies I'm supposed to care," Theo quips.

"Now, get out of here and get rid of the body," Damon orders Alaric. Alaric walks out of the house.

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

Two vampires check the kitchen area for Alaric. When one vampire turns toward the door of the kitchen, it is slammed open by Damon, hitting the vampire. With the vampire caught off guard, Damon stabs him with a stake, killing him. As this is happening the second vampire runs at Theo but before he can reach them, tendrils of darkness come out of the shadows to wrap around the wrists, ankles, and throat of the vampire, choking him. He is now pressed up against the wall. Theo strolls up to the vampire, tilting his head as he sizes him up. He doesn't spare another second before ripping the vampire's heart out. Theo carelessly tosses the heart to the side, unbothered and beginning to become bored. Damon looks at Theo impressed and a bit scared, not that he'd ever show it though. They keep walking to try to find where they are keeping Stefan. They carry on to the basement. Where they find a vampire about to find Elena. Theo rolls his eyes as Damon takes out the vampire.

"Are you insane?" Damon asks her, rhetorically.

"No, she's just stupid," Theo answers anyway.

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────