CHAPTER ONE: THE NEW GUY

Episode one: Pilot (Part 1) 

It's May of 2008 and it's also Stefan Salvatore's first day of school at Mystic Falls High. He stands, patiently, in the office waiting for the receptionist to return to her desk. He begins to look around the office. Taking it all in, when his eyes move to the left side of the room, they land on a beautiful blonde girl sitting in one of the chairs lined up against the wall. She's looking down at her notebook and drawing a flower. At least he thinks it's a flower. He couldn't get a good view of it from that angle. Sensing someone looking, the blonde girl looks up, catching him staring. She gives him a kind and warm smile. She has a welcoming aura and her blue eyes are filled with curiosity but also hold a hint of mischief. He finds himself compelled to want to talk to her. Just as he begins to open his mouth to introduce himself, the door to the office opens and out walks the receptionist. He reluctantly brings his attention away from the mystery blonde girl and instead gives it to the receptionist. 

The blonde girl or Aurelia decides to put her headphones in and goes back to drawing, hoping no one will interrupt her peace while she waits for Theodore to finish talking to the principal. She brings her legs onto the seat, bending them so that the bottom of her feet are now touching the scratchy fabric on the base of the generic looking chair. There is something off about him, she thinks to herself. None of my business though she thinks again.

"It appears... your records here are incomplete," The receptionist says after looking through his paperwork, "you're missing immunization records... and we do insist on transcripts." she says matter of factly. Stefan turns to see if the blonde is listening. Seeing that she isn't, he turns back to the receptionist making direct eye contact with her as he addresses her.

"Please, look again...I'm sure everything you need is there." The receptionist pauses for a moment before looking down to find that he is correct.

"You're right, so it is."

With that he turns around and heads out the office, paying no mind to the girl staring at him as he walks by.

─────────ೋღ 🦇 ღೋ─────────

Meanwhile, Aurelia continues to sit in, what she decides, is now the most uncomfortable chair in the world. Waiting and waiting for what seems like hours but was really minutes. The longest couple of minutes of her life. The truth is, she's worried. It's the first day of school and her boyfriend's already in trouble. It was one punch but it was enough for the person who picked the fight to hit the ground and go running to the nearest teacher to tattle. It would have been more but she got there in time to stop him from killing the guy. Good, she thinks. Maybe now, no one will try to pick a fight with him after seeing the display. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. So, yes, she's worried. Stressed even. What if he gets expelled on his first day? No, she thinks. That's ridiculous. They'll let him off with a warning. The most he'll get is a slap on the wrist and warning not to do it again. With that thought she calms down. Suddenly, the door to the principal's office swings open and out walks, you guessed it, Theodore Morgenstern, her boyfriend. Seeing that she's distracted, Theo takes this as a chance to creep up on her. He grabs her by the shoulders which causes her to jump out of shock with a soft squeal. She looks up with a glare that softens when she sees it's him. "Don't do that!" she whisper-yells so as not to disturb the receptionist. She whacks him on his chest as she says each word. She looks at him once again with a glare but the smile she's fighting gives her away.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry" he says to get her to stop hitting him, his tone laced with amusement. She stands up from her seat putting her stuff away grumbling about how stupid her boyfriend is. He gives out a little laugh that makes Aurelia smile. This in turn causes him to begin to admire her soft pink lips as they curl into an expression of joy. Seeing him look at her, she takes her chance, she leans up giving him a short peck on the lips. Dissatisfied with the kiss, Theo takes his hands, putting them on either side of her face and softly caressing her cheek with his thumb as he pulls her face closer to his but not quite touching. He gazes into her eyes before his flicker down to her lips. His eyes take their time as they travel up her face to look into her eyes once more, taking in all her beauty. In his head he's trying to memorize every detail. His eyes looked into her's in question. After she nods, he spares no time in pulling her in for a kiss. This one is long and slow. Both of them pour their love for each other into the kiss. They reluctantly pull aways as they hear someone wolf whistle. Theo and Aurelia both turn to the perpetrator with matching scowls only for Aurelia's to turn into a smile as she sees it's Caroline.