Chapter 10

Last night felt like a dream, the way Charles treated me was straight out of a fairytale...

The way he held me in his arms and kissed my forehead made me weak in the knees.

What shocked me was the fact he wasn't afraid to give me attention and  affection in a large group of people who no doubt had taken multiple pictures of us. He didn't seem to care, and it was almost like he was proud to be there with me as his date. Something I was not used too, Jake always pretended like I never existed when we were in social settings or in public.

I rolled over and noticed that Lucy was awake as well scrolling on her phone. "Morning Elle," she said as she looked over at me.

"Morning" I said smiling at her as I stretched my arms over my head, "so you and Lando Eh!"

"You and Charles Eh!" She mimicked me as she rolled her eyes, "These nothing to report, captain."

"Really...Nothing?" I questioned, "you two seemed awfully  cozy last night"

"I mean we were flirting all night... but its not like he kissed me or anything" Lucy said looking a little upset about Lando not taking the opportunity to kiss her after they spent most of the evening together flirting back and forth.

"Maybe he was just nervous," I offered, as I tried to make her feel better about the situation.

"We will see."

"When are you supposed to hear back about the job here in Monaco?" I questioned hopeful that she would get the job.

"They mentioned that they would let me know on Monday. But it seemed like they were impressed throughout the interview."

"You will get it! Everything will fall into place for the both of us." I said as I climbed out of bed and walked towards my closet, grabbing sweat pants and a sweater.

We made our way towards the kitchen where Kelly and Max were both sitting reading the news paper and drinking a coffee.

"There she is," joked Max as soon as he saw me walk into the kitchen.

"What?" I questioned as I walked towards the coffee maker and poured some coffee for both Lucy and I.

Max didn't say anything he just lifted up the news paper he was reading.

My eye widened in shock  as I looked at the front page of the news paper... on the front page was a blurry picture of Charles and I standing hugging each other as he bent down and  kissed my forehead with the words 'WHO IS CHARLES NEW GIRL?'

"What the Fuck!" I gasped as I walked closer to Max to see the paper better.

"Holy shit!" Lucy exclaimed as she ran over to see the news paper, "My bestie is famous."

"Thank god you can't see my face," I added as I started to freak out internally.... What would this mean for Charles and I... We were definitely not at the stage of our relationship to go public... especially because we were still in the early stages of developing something more than being just friends.

"Everything will be alright Elle," Kelly said as she reached over and placed her hand gently on my shoulder and gave it a reassuring squeeze "Im here for you, as you navigate everything."

"Im here for you too Elle," Max said "I'll can help you get accustomed to the formula 1 life style."

"Holy shit...the fan girls are losing there minds on Instagram," Lucy said as she was scrolling on her instagram.

"Lucy, my advice is to not look at social media until you and Charles figure things out." Suggested Kelly.

I nodded my head as I took another sip of my coffee. I trusted Kelly she had gone through a similar situation when her and Max first started to date. She grew up in the racing world so she knew a thing or two about what it is like. And now she is dating Max a formula one world champion.