Twenty Three

Sera

            Calm Before The Storm

Atticus and I lay naked together on my bed as yesterday I had finally confessed my building feelings. When he kissed me, I knew deep in the pits of my soul that he was the one. So I took him to bed. I'm not experienced in lovemaking, but I've had my fair share of sex in the past. But what I and Atticus did that night couldn't compare. The man was a beast in bed; it was a wonder that I was his first. "Hey, gorgeous." Atticus smiled, breaking me from my reverie. I smiled back, placing my hand in his dark and soft curls.

Looking down, I noticed he was hard again. I licked my hand, coating it in saliva; reaching down, I grabbed his cock, the length of him pulsing and throbbing beneath my hand. As I began to stroke up and down, he growled my name and nipped my ear, igniting my core. "Someone's raring to go ." He said, his voice husky with lust. I laughed, straddling him like a horse.  After morning sex, Atticus and I headed down to the mess hall for breakfast, hand in hand.

"Atticus, I didn't know you had a mate. I leave for the Cloudbearer kingdom for three months, and my brother has a mate before me. Who would've thought." A female voice called behind us. "And she's a looker too; well done, brother, you've got taste."

I turned in the direction of the voice, and I did a double take. A woman about 7’2, with tan skin, black and navy hair, Lavender eyes, and a scar on her chin. She stood there staring at us, smirking. "Agatha." Atticus sighed exasperatedly
I must've looked baffled as Atticus shook his head and said, "Sera, this is my oldest sister, Agatha; she's a  traveling knight. She's usually on business, so that's why you didn't see her when you first arrived."

That explains it. I thought as the siblings embraced. Agatha cuffed Atticus on the shoulder. "Nice to meet you; I'm Sera Noel," I said, holding my hand in a polite greeting. Agatha looked at my hand as if I was offering her shit. "Oof!" I exclaimed as she bear-hugged me. She smelled of honeysuckle and jasmine, a seducing scent that pulled me in. Pulling back, she smiled, "No need to be formal; we're family now. Let's eat breakfast, and you two can tell me everything." I nodded, grinning.

As we ate, Atticus and I took turns telling her how we met, the attack on the castle, and how we became mates. Agatha listened with rapped attention, her lavender eyes darkening when she heard about the attack. After breakfast, Atticus and I headed to the training room. Parting ways with Agatha as she had to report to the king. 'I like her,' I thought. 'Me too, she's a lot, but she's family.' Atticus's deep voice sounded in my head. Startled, I whipped my head, staring at his lips, which weren't moving.

"How did you do that?" I ask, my heart racing. "It's something I learned about the mating bond. In the book we saw,"  He replied.  I just stared at him, his expression amused. He whispered in my ear, his warm breath tickling my ear and sending tiny shivers of pleasure down my spine.

"You had no problem with me inside you last night, so I don't see the issue with me being in your head; I love every part of you, so I make it my mission to explore every part of you. In mind, body, and soul." My face heated as he stepped away, his emerald eyes a dark shade of purple. 'Damn, him, why is he so fucking perfect.' He must've heard that because he pushed me against the training room wall, grabbed both my wrists, and slammed them firmly above my head while caressing my inner thigh.

Several weeks later, Atticus and I had gone through our daily training and mastered our abilities. I could summon the golden dragon- Hua at will, Atticus could summon A legion of shadow beasts from the shadow realm with a thought, and we both learned each other's native fighting techniques. We were prepared for anything the Demon Queen threw at us. 

In my room, I pulled out a bright gold notebook from my nightstand and opened it. I began to write about everything that has happened in the few months I've been in the fae world Vale. I was arriving, meeting my mate Atticus, finding the twin swords of night and day, and the battle at the castle gates. Smiling, I closed the book and placed it back on my nightstand. Since Atticus and I have become mates of a sort, I was thinking of moving into his room permanently.

Bang! Bang! Bang! A loud knocking rattled my door, snatching me from my pleasant thoughts. Opening it, It was Atticus's younger brother, Arlon. "No time to waste; Father has called a meeting. There's been an attack on the Sporefolk Kingdom." I nodded, snatching my sword and grabbing my dragon-scaled combat jacket.

I had a feeling this momentary peace wouldn't last. I thought as we made our way to a massive room with maps and portraits of past battles. Atticus was already there, his face grim. When he saw me, he smiled sheepishly, his face a convoluted mixture of several emotions I couldn't decipher. He was dressed in the black dragon-scale armor I'd met him in, his silver sword strapped across his back.

"Our scouts have sighted another Demon General attacking the Overgrowth. We don't know which General it is, so we must stay vigilant and help our fellow fae." The king said, his deep voice was deadly serious. I want every asset we have because I have an uneasy feeling that this battle will be nothing like the one against the Demon General Of Malice.