Thirteen

Sera

The Restricted Section

I crept as quickly and quietly as I could manage. The occasional floorboard creak was enough to make my heart stop dead in my ribcage. In the books I read back home the restricted section in all fantasy libraries was always either underground or under heavy lock and key. I was hoping it wasn't the latter, I don't have the means to pick a century-old lock. I lifted my moonshine lamp to the signs searching for one labeled: Restricted Section.

It was exactly where I thought it would be. The sign was a little rusted with age but I could make out the words: Restricted Section in a faded text. I silently thanked myself for learning the language of this strange but endearing fantasy world. I swiftly raced inside, searching for books that has anything to do with swords and ancient evil.

That's when I stumbled upon an extremely old book titled The Ancient Swords And Their Carvings. Although the title was fading and the pages were brittle enough to fall apart at the slightest touch. I quickly grabbed the book when another title caught my eye. Origins Of The Blades was the name of this one which sent an excited shiver down my spine. I grabbed that one two and almost dropped it because of how heavy it was. I made my way back to my room, my training coming in clutch with the books I had to carry.

In my room, I placed them down on my desk and sat down by the candlelight preparing myself to read them. I opened Origins Of The Blades and began reading.