Two

Atticus

A Strange Girl

As the next king of Vale, I had to be diligent in my duties and was constantly pressed to find a wife so that I may sire the following heirs of the kingdom. I've tried many a time to do just that. From blind dates to grand balls, not one single woman caught my eye as they were all so self-absorbed and didn't care about the very kingdom they resided in. It honestly pissed me off thinking about it.

To get my mind off of this unruly subject I decided to go hunting alone. Hunting the local game always helped clear my head. I grabbed my sword and enchanted hunting knives and put on my dragon hide armor made by the best leather workers in all of Vale. I took Persimmon my noble and trusty steed which I had since I was but a child with me on the mind-clearing expedition.

Three hours later and with a banquet full of meat in a massive satchel bag over my shoulders I made my way back to the castle deciding to walk on my own. Persimmon cantered slowly keeping up with my long stride. Just then I heard a rustling not too far from my position and out came the most drop-dead gorgeous woman I've ever seen. Her slightly dirty silver-white hair shimmered in the late afternoon sun. She was wearing the strangest of clothes and had a dragon tattoo curling from her shoulder to the nape of her neck. I rushed to her side, Persimmon nickered her disapproval which I ignored. " Are you okay milady?" I asked her. She just stared at me her breaths coming in short pants, pale cheeks flushed with exertion. Now that I have a closer look I noticed she was barefoot and holding a strange book in her left hand and some sort of writing thing in her right.

"Milady? Are you joking?" She said. The first words I heard from her. Her voice was unlike anything I'd ever heard. It sounded like a strong but gentle melody. Confused, I replied "No, not particularly. I was wondering if your okay is all." Still confused about why she'd asked. I reached out to touch her hand to guide her onto Persimmon who reluctantly agreed to let her on. She just looked at me as if I insulted her pride. "Thanks for the offer but I can ride a horse just fine." She said curtly. I just stood there dumbfounded. This woman is unlike any female I've met and I've met plenty.

"So, If you don't mind me asking what's your name?" I asked half expecting another curt remark. "Sera Noel." She replied. Wow! what an unusual name. Although it does suit her. "May I ask what your name is kind sir?" She said 'sir' with a thick layer of sarcasm which was a little irritating, to say the least. "It's Atticus Junar," I replied shaking my head. Sera seemed to ponder this. As she opened her mouth no doubt to ask another question but I cut her short as it was getting pretty late and I needed to drop off the meat to the kitchen. Why don't I take you to the castle and you can ask as many questions as you like." She nodded slightly and we began walking towards the castle.