Seventeen

Sera

            The Dragon King

Atticus's appearance looked like something from a movie, his eyes were black and blue, and silver and black shadows curled around him. His sword had taken the form of a katana. There was a tiny silver light resting on his shoulder, upon further inspection it looked like a woman with black hair and silver eyes, a crescent moon symbol resting on her forehead.

"Sera, Atticus has just unlocked the true potential of the silver sword, he has assimilated. As will you in due time but first we have to defeat this General."

"How can I even fight the Demon General when he's assimilated as well?" I inquire, raising an eyebrow. I shake my head and attack, infusing half my power into my feet and wings, accelerating at light speed. Unfortunately, Malakk sensed my presence and grabs me by my left wing, swinging me around and throwing me into the crowd of bloodthirsty demons. The impact from the fall momentarily knocked the breath from my lungs.

"Oof!" I exclaimed as I jumped back into the air, narrowly missing an attack from a demon with a curved blade. "Sera take care of the minor demons while I hold off their general!" Atticus called, his voice deeper than before. I nod in his direction and get to work slicing and dicing the creatures from the sky.

One demon with bug-like wings and two red blades dripping with red liquid which I can assume is poison. "Looks like I get to play with the last Lightbearer, this should be fun!" It said sneering at me, its needle-like teeth were a dark red. I grimace and glare at it. "And it looks like I'm the one stuck with the bug!" I retorted giving the creature the stinkiest eye I could muster.

A low clicking sound came from deep within its throat. "I'm no bug you half-breed!" It shouted red acid flying from its mouth. I flinched, the damned demon called me a half-breed. "I will not be called a half-breed from an oversized cockroach!" I shouted back, my anger rising. I jumped towards the demon my sword out in front of me. "I'll skin you alive for that!" It screeched as it flew towards me at the same speed.

Our blades clashed, the sound ringing across the battlefield. The other demons seemed to give us space, warily glancing between the two of us. A drop of that red poison almost hit my arm. I backed up a few feet giving myself some room to find an opening. "Since you're about to die I'll give you my name." The demoness hissed. I raised an eyebrow in indignation but didn't say anything.

"I am known as Kula daughter of violence and lieutenant of the Demon General Of Malice, I'll need to know the name of the person whose blood I'm about to stain my blade with if you don't mind." She inquired as she attacked, swiping low trying to cut at my legs. "I'll bite considering that'll be the last civil conversation you'll ever have," I responded dogging left, counter-attacking with a light beam from my fingers. An attack I recently picked up during my training with Atticus.

"My name is Sera Noel a half human half Lightbearer and the one who's going to put your ugly ass six feet under," I said, putting as much energy into my strike as I could, swiping Aurum downwards cleaving a massive chunk of earth in half, emphasizing my point. A cruel grin curled her black lips. "Enough chatter! Let out blades do the talking for us!" She shouts back, her black eyes turning a deep crimson. She shoves her blades into the ground and pulls a massive scythe from thin air its blade drenched in red and black liquid.

"Sera in ancient Lightbearer culture your ancestors summoned beings of pure light from inked markings on their bodies allowing them to defeat their enemies and defend their village," Aurum told me as backed away, eying the death scythe. "How the hell is that supposed to help me here!" I think back, panic in my voice. "You have a massive dragon tattoo on your body do you not," It said a hint of sarcasm layering her voice. Ohh I see where she's going with this.

"So how do I do that?"  I ask, taking mental note of her earlier sarcastic tone. "It'll take a while to activate now but with constant practice, you'll be able to summon your Photokinetic Construct." I decided to ignore the crappy name of the ability and focused on the battle in front of me.

The scythe was at least ten feet tall and adorned with black and red gemstones. Its blade is curved and ready to cleave my head from my shoulders. I closed my eyes for a moment focusing on the prana in my core transferring it to my hands.

Touching the head of the dragon tattoo and imagining pushing the prana I'd gathered into it and pulling outwards, light engulfed my body as a massive 13-foot dragon appeared before me its golden scales glistening and shimmering with otherworldly power.

"I am known as Hua, king of the dragon race and your faithful servant." It said, its voice a comforting warmth across my mind.