Eleven

Sera

     A Strange Dream

Holding the significantly heavy swords up to the light I noticed engravings carved into the hilt of each sword. On the silver one, there were crescent moons and stars. On the gold one there were little suns and halos. As well as different writing peaking out from underneath the sheath on the blades.

Unfortunately, I couldn't read them as I didn't recognize the language in the slightest. I'd have to head to the library for information on what the language is. I placed both swords on my vanity table and went to bed for the night. My body ached tremendously from that long ass journey.

That night I had a dream,  there were people two girls one with blonde hair, red clothes, and silver eyes, and the other with long black hair, dark blue clothes, and purple eyes their appearances were eerily similar to the swords. They were currently talking to a mysterious woman.

I couldn't get a good look at her. She was shrouded in shadow. My dream self suddenly glided closer and I could hear what they were saying. "The demon queen gets stronger as time goes on. Her minions have already taken over several villages within the kingdom." The blonde-haired one was saying.

"I know you two have the power to kill demons, but the demon queen is on another level. Even you two can't hope to defeat her." The mysterious woman said. "How the hell are we going to know if we don't do anything!" The black-haired girl shouted. Demons? Like in fairy tales? The woman shook her head defiantly. "Better to be safe than sorry." She said in a stern tone.

Just then the entire dreamscape clouded over into darkness and a bone-chilling female voice spoke. "Ahhh sweet naive child, I'm coming. and I hope you're ready. Cause I'm going to tear down this precious little world of yours piece by piece and remold it in my image. And if you think those swords will save you, you are even stupider than I thought. Good buy foolish child. FOR NOW!"

There was evil maniacal laughter that followed. I sat up in my bed, sheets drenched in sweat. It was late afternoon and the sun was high in the sky. But no amount of sunlight could erase the eerie nightmare I'd just had just moments ago.
Scared and restless I got up pulled on clothes, grabbed the swords, and headed to the library. I needed some goddamned answers.

Down at the library, I searched for at least an hour and a half. Scouring every inch of the Historical Fiction and History sections. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a damned thing. Although if I know fantasy libraries like I think I do, then there's always a restricted section. Hopefully, I can find something there.