Fourteen

Atticus

     Blades Awaken

'During the war between the Lightbearers, Fireborn, and Cloudriders. Two twin sisters held the powers of night and day. They were descendants of a lost fae race called The Uniborne. Special fae with power over space, time, spirits, and countless other worlds. Memories lost and nowhere to go the twin sisters walked through countless worlds until they landed in Vale.'

_______________________________________________

I sat back in my chair and massaged my temples. A headache had formed from the information I'd just read. Shortly after we'd come back from that eerie library dungeon, Mother had dismissed me to my room telling me she was exhausted as it was around midnight. I recalled the conversation we'd had right before we entered the library. The story of how she met this demon queen. Just thinking about it sent an echoing chill racing up and down my spine.

I decided to take a small break from reading to release some tension. As a boy, I loved to spar, especially when I was stressed or upset. Feeling the familiar weight of a wooden sword in my hand, the total exhilaration of the wind through my hair helped me regain my thoughts. Mother told me Father would do the same thing when she'd met him. Apparently, that was genetic.

After a whole two hours of sparring with a multitude of straw dummies, I laid down on the harsh floor of the training room not caring about the dirt and filth that encased the entire room like the shell of a blue-horned dragonfly.

I must've fallen asleep as right before I opened my eyes a familiar yet arousing scent wafted past my nose. It was of cinnamon and lavender. My cock grew involuntarily in my trousers. I opened my eyes to see storm clouds staring back. I immediately sat up hoping to the gods she didn't notice my erection. The flushed look on her face told me otherwise.

"G-good morning Atticus, I was looking for you to begin our morning training but It looks like you've already had a head start." She stuttered, her usual snarky comment losing its edge. My face burned and the edges of my vision turned a light purple. I stood up and brushed myself off, extremely embarrassed.

"Good morning to you too Sera, Sorry about that I was out clearing my mind last night and I must've been exhausted." She smiled, which did nothing for my manhood to settle down. I asked Sera to meet me in the mess hall for breakfast and I quickly grabbed the wooden sword and placed it on the sword rack, and headed to my room taking the stairs two at a time.

After a shower and a quick masturbation session later I met up with Sera at the mess hall. I hadn't eaten anything at all last night so I was extremely famished. Apparently, so was Sera. The way she wolfed down a dozen pancakes in a single bite would've put most men to shame. I filled my plate with my usual: Midnight Black coffee with scrambled dragon eggs beside shadow hog bacon and half a dozen pancakes.

"Somebody's hungry," I say as a way of greeting. Sera looked up from her half-eaten pancakes. It wasn't a long stare but I saw her eyes dart to my crotch. Before looking me in the eye. "Looks like I'm not the only one." She responded with the familiar mischievous glint in her eyes, the small smirk as she stared at my plate.

The way she had looked at my crotch almost sent blood rushing back to my cock. I smiled and playfully punched her arm which to my surprise was more muscular than before. "So what was so stressful that led you to train at midnight, which is confusing considering it's always midnight." I promptly ignored that last comment and said.

"My mother had shown me a secret library underneath the castle. She told me it was an old library created to research ways to defeat the Demon Queen." Sera had paused, her forkful of eggs just inches away from her mouth. Her storm cloud eyes darkened and her brow furrowed. "After your finished eating meet me in my room. I have something to show you." She said all hints of mischievousness had vanished from her features.

30 minutes and another half dozen pancakes later I headed towards Sera's room which brought up memories of the last time I had come here. I wasn't thinking, it was as if I was in a haze, half there half not there. When I entered I saw Sera sitting next to the swords, they were unsheathed and laid bare. Upon closer inspection, I could make out carved writing etched into the metal.

She was also sitting next to two strange books, almost identical to the books my and mother saw in the Demon Queen's library. The look on her face confirmed my suspicions. "Last night I couldn't sleep after the whole twin sword fiasco and destruction of the Lightbearers so I decided to head to the library for some answers and I came upon the restricted section which mind you, isn't guarded at all. It was way too easy to enter a library section that was supposed to be restricted."

Her words seemed to come out in a rush, her gray eyes turning silver with emotion. "I came across these two books. They might be similar to the books you and your mother found." She said, passing me the dark blue one. It was titled The Ancient Swords And Their Carvings. I opened it cautiously turning the page as gingerly as possible. On page one chapter one it reads,

During the forging of these legendary blades, the twin sisters of night and day asked the blacksmiths to carve a message into each blade using inscription magic so that when the person meant to wield the Blades could say these words and unleash the true power of the swords. On the sword of the night, it said 'By the power of the moon demons shall wither to dust.' On the sword of day, it said 'The Shining rays of the sun shall burn demons from within.' Centuries pass and the sword's powers create protective crystals. One of silver moonshine and the other of gold solar makrite. These crystals were said to reveal themselves and the swords to their chosen wielders.

As I read the first chapter flashes of memory from when we first found them appear in my mind. How those strange silver and gold crystals seemed to beckon us closer. "It all makes sense now," Sera confirmed, pacing in circles, deep in thought. "So what do we do now?" I think aloud, more so to myself than Sera. "I'm assuming we do as the book said and awaken the swords." Sera confirms glancing at the swords, curiosity sparking in her cloud gray eyes.

We walk back to the training grounds with the swords in tow. I carry the silver one, Sera, the gold one. We both hold our respective swords out in front of us, shifting into comfortable sword stances. Mine of the Shadow Weaver race, Sera of the fallen Lightbearer race. Together we invoke the writings on each blade. "By the power of the moon demons shall wither t o dust!" I shout. "The Shining rays of the sun shall burn demons from within," Sera calls shortly after.

Suddenly, two bright beams of light shot from the swords and into the sky one of pure gold and one of pure silver creating beacons that temporarily lit up the night sky. The swords were now floating midair, Sera and I were both lost for words at that moment. That's when two incredibly stunning women walked out of the beacons of light. One with radiant golden hair the other with pitch black hair with streaks of dark blue. 'We are the twin blades, and we are honored to be awakened by the prophesied ones of night and day.' They said in unison, their voice reverberating off the surrounding area.