Chapter 27: A change of plans

Start from the beginning

''That organization is planning to do something in the capital during the celebration. They are planning to kill a lot of people using magic bombs.''

After hearing this, Choi Han's pupils dilated and anger was raising within him, but he tried his best to hide it. 

'I won't let them have their way this time'

He was confident that this time things will be different. Even though he wanted to ask so many questions, he chose to trust the person in front of him.

''Then, how can we stop them?''

''I had a plan before, but now I need to revise it, so I will inform you once it is ready. That's all I can tell you for now.''

''I understand. I will wait.''

Cale smirked. 'Who would've thought that he will be this easy to tame?'

He looked at Choi Han and could see how his past version overlapped him. That crazy punk that beat him up was nowhere to be seen now. All he could see is a obedient dog ready to bark and bite when he gave the signal. 

Click

Cale deactivated the soundproofing device.

''You can leave. I'll call you when is time.''

''Yes, Cale-nim.'' 

Choi Han stood up and exited the room with that short answer. When he opened the door he could see Ron standing right outside. He tried to ignore him and go past him, but he was grabbed by the arm.

''What?'' Choi Han asked him with an annoyed tone.

''What did the two of you discussed?'' Ron asked with a vicious tone.

''I don't think that's any of your business. If it was, he wouldn't have you leave the room, right?''

''I see. So you became his loyal dog, huh? You don't think at all that is weird how he knows so much? How can you trust him so easily?''

Choi Han frowned as he becomes more irritated.

''What I find strange is you.''

Ron slightly flinched at that unexpected observation.

''What do you mean?''

''You served him a long time, right? Did you ever take a proper look at his face, no, his eyes more exactly? You never did, didn't you?

''.......''

Ron clenched his mouth shut as he couldn't refute his words. He realized that he was right. He had served the young master for a long time, but he never did more than what he was required to do.

He stood by his side when he was a lonely kid on the Count's order. But he never cared enough to console him on the rainy nights when he would cry his eyes out, or when he would woke up from terrible nightmares, screaming. He just considered him an unlucky child like many others.

Even when he observed that the servants were mistreating him because he wasn't considered the family heir anymore as he has fallen from his father's grace, he didn't care. 

Even when he started drinking at the age of fifteen and rumors has begun to spread about him about how he was a trashy young master that only knows how to throw bottles at the servants, who obviously had mistreated him before, he didn't care. Why would he, when his own father didn't?

Choi Han broke the silence at that moment.

''I'm leaving.''

Ron watched him disappear in the distance, and then turned toward the door, staring silently at it.