Chapter 17: Vitality of the Heart (1)

Their next destination was Puzzle City. It was the city that was the center of the transportation of goods in the East, and it was pretty famous for the number of rock towers around the city.

Cale needed to find an unfinished rock tower in Puzzle City.

"Are we camping out today?"

On took a bite of the jerky as she asked Cale. Cale nodded his head.

"Yes. Starting today, we will be camping outside every so often."

Cale had set a pretty filled schedule from here on as well. It was because he wanted to have enough time in Puzzle City. He turned away from the kitten siblings, who were whispering quietly to each other, and looked outside the carriage window.

'The Vitality of the Heart.'

That was the name of the ancient power that would strengthen the Indestructible Shield. This was a power that was focused on restoration and vitality.

'That was why the eldest son was looking for it.'

Taylor, the eldest son of the Marquis, who had lost his position as heir. He was the only good person in the Marquis's family, but the lower half of his body had become paralyzed because of Venion's schemes.

'But it was useless.'

The, 'Vitality of the Heart,' was unable to restore an already injured body. It only was able to restore any injuries recieved after earning the power. There was also a limit on how much could be restored, as well as a cost to pay for any restorations.

Taylor fell into despair after learning about that fact. He had no time, and that ancient power was his last hope. It was because Taylor did not know when Venion would come to kill him.

'He dies a month after finding the power.'

Taylor ends up dying by an unknown organization while the capital was in a state of chaos from the terror incident. Of course, Venion was responsible for sending that organization after Taylor.

The crazy priestess. She was Taylor's friend and the only person who survives Taylor's assassination. She kills half of the assassins in anger, and ends up becoming excommunicated by the temple. She ends up with a large injury on her back from the incident and confidently tells the temple about what she had done.

['I acted as a human rather than following the will of the lord. I believe that is the right thing to do.']

She then continued on after that.

['I am now free!']

That is when she starts to be called the crazy priestess by others. Her specialty was using the strength of the God of Death for curses. The temple had excommunicated her, but her god did not throw her away.

When the war broke out, she became famous, even though she was not a hero, because of how she helped to heal the injured.

'I think it will be different this time.'

There was a good chance that Taylor would not die in a month. Venion was going to be busy dealing with the dragon incident and sucking up to the Marquis. He probably would need to focus on his younger siblings rather than his paralyzed older brother to maintain his status as the heir to the Marquis title.

['And since I will be taking Taylor's last hope away, I will need to give him a new hope.']

Although the Vitality of the Heart was an ancient power that Taylor did not need, Cale was not such a bad guy to take someone's last hope away.