Chapter 18: Vitality of the Heart (2)

Of course, he planned giving them their new hope anonymously. It was something he had learned from the dragon.

'Unless their lord has nothing to do and reveals me to them, there is no way that they will recognize me.'

It was impossible for them to learn of his identity. How great was that? He should have done everything anonymously until now. Cale stepped into the ruins feeling like a massive weight had been lifted off his chest.

He could see people praying all around the area.

At that moment, Hans stealthily approached Cale and whispered to him.

"I just saw the eldest son of Marquis Stan's household."

''I see. Just ignore them.''

''...I understand, young master.''

Cale just pretended not to see the confused expression on Hans face and started looking around. Cale was shocked at the appearance of the rock towers in the ruins.

"They are ..."

Cale seemed to be in disbelief.

"Uglier than I had expected."

Cale could not understand the ancient sense of style. He was expecting piles of rocks, but there were rock towers of all kinds shapes in the ruins.

They looked interesting. However, they were definitely not beautiful. Cale peeked at the kittens in Hans's arms. They seemed to be extremely disappointed as well.

Then he made eye contact with Hilsman.

"Young master."

"What is it?"

Hilsman seemed to be thinking about something, as he looked toward the rock towers standing in this wide plain and started to speak.

"Young master-nim, are you not going to make a wish?"

'Is that what he wants to know?'

Cale just casually answered.

"I don't do things like making wishes."

"Why not?"

"It makes you have higher expectations."

Hilsman, Hans, and even the kittens all turned to look at Cale. Cale looked at the rock towers like the Vice-Captain had done, and slowly continued to speak.

"It's so much easier to live without high expectations."

Tap.

 Cale turned his gaze after feeling the tap on his shoulder, only to see  Hans smiling and starting to speak.

"You are right, young master. There is no such thing as dreams or hope in this world."

"...Just stop talking."

"Yes, sir!"

Hans responded loudly, but seemed to be a bit disappointed as well, as he took the lead with the kittens. Cale leisurely followed behind Hans.

----------------

The next day, Cale was ready to head to the cave. Naturally, he had to get rid of the humans and the kittens who wanted to follow him. Thankfully, everybody stopped voicing their complaints once he said only a single person was going to come with him.

"I will only be taking Choi Han with me."

Choi Han was the strongest person there. With Choi Han tagging along, both the Vice Captain and Hans had nothing to say.