Chapter 4: Indestructible shield

In order for Cale to achieve his goal of becoming stronger, the first step was raising his defenses. Second was finding a recovery method. Third was being faster than anybody else. Fourth was a strength that does not hurt him but can kill others and some extras.  And he knows exactly where and how to obtain them thanks to the information he received from the God of Death.

 The first step was to obtain the Indestructible Shield that resided inside a black tree located in the slums.

"Hans, I'm going out. Don't look for me."

''Have a safe trip, young master'' Hans said with a extremely bright voice, bowing.

''I will be waiting for you.''

''Don't wait for me.''

 Once he exited the residence, he could see the garden and the gate of the exit farther away. It was only then that Cale felt a chill on his spine, so he peeked backwards. He saw Ron standing at a window with an expression that can't be read.

'Damn it'

Cale was aware that that old man is an assassin and that he should not cross the line as he might kill him, but he couldn't help it. Every time he sees his face, it reminded him of how he felt when he found out he left him, not to mention when he just stood still and watched him being beaten to a pulp. He never felt so betrayed. It would've been fine if it was anyone else, but he was someone who practically raised him.

"Young master. Is this the right place?"

Cale snapped out of his thoughts. He was on a carriage and didn't even notice they arrived until the driver told him. He turns his head to look outside the window.

"Yes. This is it."

The driver cautiously opened the door. He then peeked toward the shop in front of him. The driver's face was clearly filled with confusion.

It was a bakery.

Cale looked toward the driver who was sweating like a hog and gave an order.

"You can leave now."

"Excuse me?"

"Are you going to make me say the same thing twice?"

"No, that, do I not need to wait for you, young master?"

Cale casually answered as he headed toward the bakery.

"Yeah, you can go.''

*Gulp*

 He could hear the driver's gulp behind him, but a much clearer and pleasurable noise filled Cale's ears. 

 In order to take the first step in his plan, Cale started to gather what he needed in order to obtain the first ancient power.  

"Youn-young master. Welcome."

Cale just nodded his head at the baker, who bowed so low that it looked like his head might touch the ground, to respond. Cale ignored that and started speaking.

"Give me some bread."

"Excuse me?"

Cale pointed at all of the bread in the bakery and sternly responded.

"Everything from here to there."

*Clang*

 The gold coin that Cale took out started to spin on the counter.

"Pack it all up."

The baker seemed to be frozen in place as Cale continued to speak.

The baker's gaze, which had been on the gold coin, moved to Cale. It was too much money to pay for the bread. Cale just stoically responded to the baker's shaking eyes.