Chapter 16

Austin

I wake up in degrees. The first thing I notice is a heavy band across my chest, and I panic jumping out of bed. I'm relieved to see I'm in my room and realize I must have been dreaming. A low noise draws my attention back to the bed. Amanda's sleeping form greets me, and the memory of last night replays in my head washing away the remnants of my nightmares. Her arm is stretched across my side, and I realize that was what I felt. I sit at the edge of the bed, watching her even breaths as a smile forms on my lips. She turns toward me, and the blanket slips, exposing her appetizing breasts. My mouth waters at the tempting sight. I lean forward, wanting to taste the stiffening peeks. As if she can feel my intentions, her lids slowly open.

Ah, the morning after, a first for me. Although I'm nervous waiting for her reaction, refusing to lie to myself seems to be the most logical and rewarding decision. She finds me and smiles, stretching. My heart speeds up at the sight as relief floods me. Gods know I want her, and I meant what I said, she's mine, and I'm hers if she'll have me. I'm a selfish bastard for wanting her to settle for so little, but my control has slipped, and there's no turning back.

"Don't look, I have bed head." She cutely mumbles in the pillows as she pulls the blankets over her head, and I lean closer to her.

"If you don't get out of that bed, I'm coming back in."

She lowers the blanket to her nose, peeking over the heap.

"Okay."

I grin, slipping my hand under the covers gliding up her thigh. She opens for me, and I want to reward her for the gift she's given me. Her skin is hot and silky. My fingers brush the soft lips between her thighs, and a moan lingers in the silence. I slip between her legs, kissing and tonguing my way up as she writhers beneath me. I catch sight of her quivering breasts and nip the stiff peaks. Her light whimper turns to a moan, and I take the pink tips into my mouth, alternating between each breast. My knee is wedged between her, and her wetness coats my thigh. I'm about to make her come when a knock at my door halts my progress.

"What do you want?"

I yell, letting my annoyance be heard loud and clear.

"Its Jacob I'm calling a meeting now."

Fuck, I'm going to be walking around with blue balls all day. Sighing I reluctantly, leave her warmth,

"I'll be down in a minute." I tell Jacob. Amanda sits up on her elbows, watching me slip on my sweats and sweater. I look around for her clothes that are scattered throughout the room and toss them to her.

"Thank you."

I pause and grin, she's so perfect; she doesn't belong with me. She's too good for me. I watch her dress, my eyes riveted to her curves.

"You won't need them for long."

It takes her a moment to get my meaning. She chuckles at the quip, blushing adorably.

Do you think it's bad news?"

Likely, but I don't say it. I want to enjoy her cheerful mood a little longer. So instead I smile and be vague.

"Nothing we can't handle."

It is something we can't handle and my tongue burns at the unforeseen lie. Jacob wants to call in the angles for help. They're powerful warriors who's ability for telling the future with different scenarios goes far beyond Jacobs capabilities but it comes at a price. Right now Jacob believes the price is worth it and that gives me cause for concern.